Funds only investing

Iโ€™ve been playing about with a few investment ideas and come up with a fund only consideration.
Instead of managing my portfolio of 40 separate stocks if I sold and put the proceeds in to a fund it comes up with a better overall projected forcast.
As an income investor long term I look for value of yield above all. I have a about 5 recovery growth plays going on but nothing huge.
So I was looking at SMIF for a monthly return which Iโ€™d have in a pie set up to reinvest at this stage. This produces more than all the yields over a year from my regular shares.
Anyone else done this?
Davey

There are plenty stats out there, and I think they say in general that private investors struggle to beat returns compared to a simple index fund approx 70% of the time, and fund managers 52%.

In that basis Iโ€™m mostly in simple equity tracker funds so I sort of do what you are proposing in most part.

You can select one etf or multiple to average things out.

Been (and still am) on the same journey โ€ฆ and after a lot of researching finally settled for an ETF following a global index. The ETF is iShares MSCI ACWI UCITS ETF.

I still have some individual stocks I believe in, but overall, the monthly investment goes into the global index. I always come back to the argument: if it was easy (beating the market), everyone would do it! :wink:

1 Like

Thatโ€™s kind of what caused my own doubt. If itโ€™s that easy why are more people not talking about it?
Thank you for taking the time. Itโ€™s certainly going to be more manageable than what I do now. Oddly it still feels like a high hurdle to jump.

Whatโ€™s the ticker? Seems to be a few similar

There are different tickers, depending on the currency and exchange:

Exchange Ticker Currency Listing Date SEDOL Bloomberg Ticker RIC
Bolsa Mexicana De Valores ISAC MXN 03/Nov/2017 - ISAC LN -
Deutsche Boerse Xetra IUSQ EUR 02/Apr/2012 BVFZHW7 IUSQ GY IUSQ.DE
London Stock Exchange SSAC GBP 24/Oct/2011 B6R51T5 SSAC LN SSAC.L
London Stock Exchange ISAC USD 24/Oct/2011 B6R5225 ISAC LN ISACI.L
SIX Swiss Exchange SSAC USD 10/Apr/2015 BWVD799 SSAC SW SSAC.S
Tel Aviv Stock Exchange iSFF505 ILS 05/Aug/2019 BK8Y9N9 iSFF505 IT iSFF505.TA

That explains it. Thank you for giving the list