Gazprom and Russian shares

A gentle reminderā€¦

Whatā€™s that glass houses and stones sayingā€¦?

4 Likes

I contact a company to check how could I convert this shares . Below the reply:

1 Like

Well, that story didnā€™t go well.

But who believed in Putin and Russian officials? Who believes in those, still believe Russia is a democracy. (News flash, Russia isnā€™t a democracy and never was, since the time is was a simple village.)

2 Likes

So dissapointed with T212. No update just promises for upsates. All whilst events are unfolding. Forced Conversion in Aug coming up next. What will happen to our ADRs? Or indefinete suspension if that is even legal Since they gdr will not exist anymore.

We Need an Update !! At least to open a Gazprom account if necesesary.

1 Like

@Andrikos this is industry wide. Companies with AUM running into the billions cannot tell clients if they will ever receive any value back from their Russian shares.

Take this dedicated Russian Fund(yes small but the narrative is clear):

https://www.liontrust.co.uk/funds/russia-fund/russia-fund-suspension

It has been temporarily suspended, the annual management charge temporarily reset to zero, and they are valuing holdings at the last traded position. They do not know when the fund will reopen, if at all, or will resume a normal valuation approach.

It is industry wide - no one knows a definitive answer other than that you may never be able to trade your Russian stocks again, or realise any value. What you need to do, is have faith in the EU/UK financial services regulation, that the depositary of your assets will act in your best interests, when they can do so.

Itā€™s a shame you will likely lose money on your Russian investments, as with everyone, but there is far worst that you could have suffered that is going on in this world right now. Have some comfort in that.

4 Likes

I appreciate the reply. This has gone down a deep rabbit hole and i understand i may never see any money back. But the GDRs/ADR broker has the responsibility to inform the beneficiary of the procedures he can take. Not delay and not give any advice when other brokers are giving out more info. But anyway we wait and see. Me and many others. I dont have alot of money in this, but i sympathize with those that do. As the market just played us in the name of sanctions with no official warning

2 Likes

hi. Has there been any update on this? Are we meant to take any action?

1 Like

@Tony.V @Bogi.H @Team212

Please any update even if itā€™s a ā€œno update statusā€, just a regular update for people to know this hasnā€™t dropped of the radar .

Iā€™ve been caught up with Evraz unfortunately, my responsibility to bear i get that

2 Likes

Hey, everyone.

In case you havenā€™t seen it, weā€™ve posted a reply related to the topic in another thread.

Iā€™ll make sure to update both threads once we have any additional information.

3 Likes

Etoro will pay dividends of 1.2 usd per share.
Around October 24.

(Despite trading is halted)

What about T212

3 Likes

On which Russian stock? Can you post a screenshot pls??

1 Like

They will pay dividends from Gazprom

1 Like

HI, Do you have updates around this topic. I Do not see any discussions happening in other channels as well.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Harsha22. :wave:

The situation has not changed as of now. If there is any news, weā€™ll make sure to let you know.

1 Like

Hello, Itā€™s been long time we have not heard anthing regarding the GazProm. I see the status of the GrazProm as green in the Trading 212 App but also it says the instrument has been delisted. What is happening here ? Can sombody please help me understand.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a brief on what the situation looks like:

• OGZD traded on LSE - is currently delisted, and suspended from trading, no further info.
  • OGZD traded on Xetra/Vienna Stock Exchange - has been suspended from trading, no further details either.

We are keeping a close eye on the situation, so as soon as I get word on any new developments, Iā€™ll update the thread right away :pray:

2 Likes

Hi what are the further details on OGZD has there been any conversion?