@admins please take note of this.
Expected Feb 2022.
If Russia does invade Ukraine and the west retaliates with sanctions or possibly military support or even shutting Russia out of the payment system.
I do worry Evraz mining operations in Russia could be shut down as a retaliatory measure.
I have gained 44% stock appreciation so far in addition to very good dividends received so far - is it worth taking on this additional political risk or just pure sentimental greed in the face of ringing alarm bells?
RASP will be listed on the moscow exchange, which we don’t yet have access to on T212. I would like to have the shares but unless this exchange is added before 15th feb to 15th march 22 then EVR holders will only be able to get the cash.
This money would be paid out from approx 1st april until 30th sep on the outline plan they have presented so far to shareholders.
Pretty please can we have the moscow exchange added
Wouldn’t need to worry about that, Putin already said he has no intention of invading Ukraine.
Is the solution not simple - take the knowns - sell EVR and buy back after the event.
I think you’ve made a valid point @Dougal1984 i really don’t want a repeat of pennon when they sold part of their business and paid out 355.0p per share special dividend with share reduction and even though i reinvested the money back am still down 20% - tho they are currently doing share buy back
The approach we’re most likely to take, given that it’s not in our immediate plans to offer access to MOEX would be to sell the spun-off shares and allocate their cash equivalent to each client.
The ex-date is yet to be confirmed, though, so we’ll definitely be keeping an eye on how the topic develops and we’ll keep you posted.
Any update on this one?
I have taken my eyes off the ball on this one and my gains have halved
what’s happening I’m down by 9%…
Even though profits were good. #confused
The event is still pending. We’ll make sure to update you as soon as there is any news.
Evraz & Clarkson have gone down 23 and 20% in the last 3 months
Evraz am inclined to Russia - Ukraine…Clarkson makes no sense
Might sound crazy here but im not to cut up with the chart above. Its allowed me to buy more [edit: Evraz (sorry for confusion Mr Tade)] and Raspadskaya PAO 477.40 RUB so £4.70p ish over £2 a share on the demerger and i would be surprised if the rest of EVR is only valued at £2.86p.
I think lots of confusion over the demerger and fear of war has really depressed the share price. Steel is steel at the end of the day id be shocked if we stopped using it in my life time.
How did you buy this?
Any news on the ex date?
Sorry, i ment buy more Evraz shares. Never found a way to get any Raspadskaya
**Overview of the Demerger
It is proposed that the Demerger will be effected by EVRAZ making an interim in specie distribution of the shares it directly holds in RASP (being approximately 90.9% of the total ordinary shares in RASP), which is listed on the Moscow Exchange, to EVRAZ shareholders. If the Demerger proceeds, EVRAZ shareholders are expected to receive an entitlement to 0.4255477880 of a RASP share for each EVRAZ share held at 6:00 p.m. on 15 February 2022.
Subject to EVRAZ shareholder and Court approvals being obtained, it is currently expected that the settlement date for the transfer of RASP shares to EVRAZ shareholders pursuant to the Demerger will be on 7 April 2022, and that the sale of RASP shares pursuant to the Share Sale Facility will be completed by October 2022.**
Iv seen no update on the court side of things but as it stands if it is approved then ex was yesterday, so share price is now what the market believes the rest of the company is worth moving forward from today.
My Evraz up 6% even though what’s happening with Russia-Ukraine…
Not sure that up 6% qualifies as up imo plus it could be subject to sanction or even delisted from LSE and other exchanges