Google 20 for 1 stock split

Following on from quarterly earnings report, Alphabet (Google) announced a 20 for 1 stock split.

I wanted to understand how this will be implemented by T212?
Given that a single GOOGL (Class A) costs $2,750, I don’t own a full share, only a fraction.
Will T212 liquidate my position as was done during the Tesla stock split in 2020 or will my fractional shares get multiplied by 20? (e.g. 0.2 shares would now become 4 shares)

1 Like
2 Likes

We didn’t support fractional shares through stock splits, at the time when Tesla went through one, so, I can see where the question comes from, @AHA.

We have since optimized the process and fractional shares get split just as whole shares do.

You may refer to the article kindly shared by @Zergui above for more information. :v:

12 Likes

Will the Google 20-1 split also happen in European exchange both A & C class.

ABEA
ABEC.

Hey. :wave:

The stock split will be applied to both classes (Class A and Class C) listed on the Deutsche Börse Xetra.

2 Likes

Alphabet (GOOG, GOOGL) will do Stock 20 for 1 Split, July 15, 2020.
I wonder for those who are holding a fractional share, say you own 0.6 of GOOGL. What will happen in the split day.

Will you get 12 stocks or you will have to sell your stock because only while share will be splitted and fractional shares can not be splitted ??

Thanks

2 Likes