IAG rights issue urgent help please

No. You donā€™t. In a normal world your broker would credit you a stock line of Rights. They trade separately from the Ords. So you should have x IAG and y IAG rightsā€¦ different stock, different ticker, totally independent (barring the price correlation) until converted to Ords or they lapse and you get Lapsed Rights Proceeds (ie Ā£Cash)

• assuming this a bog standard Rights Issue - I havenā€™t actually read the RNS details as Iā€™m not an IAG investor

You ā€˜shouldā€™ (but history suggests, wonā€™t) be credited with ES0677542906 IAGN ā€¦ the standard Nil Paid Rightsā€¦ That are theoretically tradeable.

It looks like a very bog standard Rights Issue to meā€¦ that T212 Corporate Actions team should easily be able to handle without a PR nightmare :blush:

Then Nil Paids convert Fully Paid (if you elect to take up the Rights and pay) then FP Convert to Ords. Or lapse for cash if you donā€™t take up and sold/lapse at prevailing market IAGN price.

So, for anyone with limited ISA funds to take up the Rightsā€¦ get t212 to transfer the Rights (IAGN) to your Invest/GIA Account and leave your itā€™s IAG where they are!

This is fine. But I bet T212 donā€™t ā€¦ as itā€™s faffyā€¦ but letā€™s hope

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I asked them for and I only received very generic answers. Since last Friday nobody is answering to me through e-mails or through this forums, itā€™s impossible to speak with anyone on the phone. I just need to speak with someone that can assist me and guide me with the options because they way things are looking trading212 is gonna cause me a financial loss with a possibility of it becoming huge. I only have until Friday left to respond and I cannot get to anyone. This is ridiculous

I just spoke to support and apparently if you donā€™t subscribe you will be payed the difference between 88p and the market price on the 21st September per share. Does this sound right?

If you donā€™t take up the Rights the Rights will Lapse at prevailing market priceā€¦

IAGN on the LSE

Nope
:frowning:
ā€¦
Or at least itā€™s a very strange way to describe it

IAGN trades for about 71p
Youā€™ll get the sale of the lapsed rights
So, currently, 71p

Thankā€™s for you reply.
So if i am being offered 1000 shares and decide not to take up the rights, based on current value i should receive 1000 x 71p = Ā£710?

Do you have 1000 IAG or 1000 IAGN?

I am being offered to buy 1000 shares at the discounted rate of 88p. So I think 1000 IAGN.

Thereā€™s actually a horrible sentence in the RNS that reads like you either subscribe or lose you Rights ā€¦ it doesnā€™t explicitly say youā€™ll get lapsed rights proceedsā€¦ but logically you should, but now Iā€™m confused tooā€¦ you really should get this he lapsed rights proceedsā€¦ standard practiceā€¦ but this RNS reads very weirdly and very overly complexā€¦:frowning:

This is the section of the email about not taking up the rights.

ā€œIf you decide to not participate, your rights will be sold on 21.09 at the market and the proceeds will be distributed shortly after to your account.ā€

Exactly
Sell IAGN at prevailing
Essentially ā€˜lapsed rightsā€™
So currently 71p

If you are eligible for participation and decide to not exercise your rights, you will receive the proceeds from their sale (made on 21st of September).

The current market price of the rights can be followed here:

Thanks for your help. :+1:
I have a better understanding now!

1 Like

Maybe you have a partner who hasnā€™t used their 20k ISA allowance who would assist.

Can you please tell me if I do end up taking a full allocation of the new shares, will I be offered more shares at a discounted prices like all the other brokers will be doing (once the number or remaining shares to sell is known?). And if I sell my iag shares now to clear ml funds in isa and rebut them in invest, will I loose my rights?

You can only subscribe for the rights/newly issued shares that your account is eligible for.

No, you will not lose your rights if you sell your shares.

Yes, but it is stated by iag that first we can take our full allocation in 3 for 2 offer. And then everybody that takes that will be offered a certain amount of additional shares to buy, depending on how much shares are left for sale. So I need a confirmation if trading212 will in fact offer that option to clients that exercise their right or will they just be able to buy the 3nfor 2 ones?

Yes, but it is stated by iag that first we can take our full allocation in 3 for 2 offer. And then everybody that takes that will be offered a certain amount of additional shares to buy, depending on how much shares are left for sale. So I need a confirmation if trading212 will in fact offer that option to clients that exercise their right or will they just be able to buy the 3nfor 2 ones?