IAG Rights Issue

Peter, still not received the email, yes checked spam folder.

I have received the in App notification, is there an issue with the site (www.ld4.trading212.avus.io) as it is refusing connections?

Brian

On the 7th October ! Nice one ! Some other brokers have released them at least so that they are shown on their account. You cannot do anything with them but then you have the control over what you own

1 Like

Im very new in trading, i currently hold 234 shares at right issue, can somone advise me which action to take?,i am a long term invester.

Which option is the best for long term investor? i guess option one am i right?

Do you have any other holdings apart of IAG?

So I subscribed to the rights issue and would like to buy more at the discounted price (I have a very low number of shares anyway, so why not). I’ve never participated in a right issue before so I’m not quite sure how it works. Do I have to manually buy more shares and when the order goes through the discount will be applied? It shows the market price when I go to place an order, not the discount price.

Yes! sure,…

1 Like

I currently hold 150k worth in shares

WOW that is a good amount :clap:

how much do you have?

What is your biggest holding?

5K - I put money that I can afford only for the time being.
Tesla is the biggest position.
The rest are small positions and most of them pay dividend as well.
I am on furlough and even they inform me that my position is not in the new structure so next is redundancy.
For the moment I am doing only what I can, bills and rent are coming regularly so that must be taken care of.
In the mean time I am learning more for Investing and trading.

Honestly that’s a decision you’ll have to consider carefully this week for yourself.

I’d suggest reading over the documentation provided by IAG so you can have a better idea of what’s happening.

Buying the full rights will ensure your shareholding with IAG isn’t diluted.

Keep in mind T212 only offer two options

a. To buy the full allocation of your subscription rights (option 1)
b. To not buy any and have T212 sell them at the market rate and allocate the proceeds to your account (option 2)

What you cannot do through T212;

You won’t be able to take up option 3 (cashless take up)

You won’t be able to take up two parts of option 1
a. Taking only part of your subscription rights
b. Taking up additional shares (over subscription) if you take your full subscription rights.

@PeterA can perhaps just confirm I’m correct in these options offered by T212?

2 Likes

Hi,
So if you do nothing and shares are sold for you then is this at 0.88p price or at another discounted market price? I can buy about 25k shares with RI but just doing the math to get an idea of what I get if I don’t buy.
(Taxable?)
Cheers
P

Can anyone advise how 212 will treat selling my rights? Is it simply the difference between 88p and the market price on the day?

The rights are shares with value in of themselves. As I understand it T212 will sell the subscription rights on the 21st at the market. These are currently selling at around 52p

IAG @ £1.17 it’s more of a pain with RI :eyes:

Thanks, So in my example if I don’t avail to buy the 25k shares, then they are sold by 212 And I get 25,000 x 52p?? (Market price)
Thanks
P

1 Like

I wonder who is buying all those stock that people do not want to buy. My opinion is that you should buy stocks because obviously price of the stock will fell on the price of 88GBx and you will not get anything.

Not really sure what you mean, but people who will buy over allocation will pick them up.

Many people may buy their allocation to ensure they have no dilution.

As I understand, yes. Although that’s now dropped to 40p.