Informations for Tax declaration in Germany

I’m trying to fill in my tax declaration in Germany :de: using Wundertax platform.
So, Any idea what does these fields mean or how can I calculate them using the current exported sheet?

• Investment income (KapitalertrĂ€ge)
  • Included Profits From Share Sales (Gewinne aus AktienverĂ€ußerungen)
  • Saver lump sum used (Sparer-Pauschbetrag)
  • Foreign capital earnings (e.g. foreign accumulating funds)
  • Capital Gains Tax (Kapitalertragssteuer)
  • Solidarity Tax (SolidaritĂ€tszuschlag)
  • Church Tax of the Capital Gains Tax

I’m only aware of the [Included Profits From Share Sales (Gewinne aus AktienverĂ€ußerungen)] field which I think is the profit if I understood correctly.

Also, [Solidarity Tax (SolidaritÀtszuschlag)] And [Church Tax of the Capital Gains Tax] field should be 0 in case of trading 212, right?

It would be highly appreciated if someone did it before on Wundertax in Germany :de: to give help here :pray:

3 Likes

I am using wundertax to declare the taxes, and I need to understand how to calculate the values for these fields using the excel sheet

4 Likes

Do you yourself transfer any data to German tax office on your users behalf? I mean German tax authorities would not know about my investment gains without me informing them? of course I have legally abide by the law to provide correct data. But just trying to understand the system.

I live in Germany but I speak only english and its really hard to find some informations in english. Can someone explain to me like I’m 5 years old how taxes work.

Lets say for example I do 2 trades in one day. On first trade I lose 50 euro , on the second trade I make a 50 euro profit. Do I really have to pay taxes on the 50 euro profit one ? Or it canceles each other and you pay taxes at the end of the year for your total profits?

I would go with the assumption that they are legally obliged to do so. Even if not, I would assume they do and avoid risk of not declaring the investment income.

We are doomed and the only decision we have to make is whether we declare the tax wrong or don’t declare it at all.

I’m gonna try next weekend to do my tax declaration, I usually use SteuerGo, I’m not really confident that I will manage to do it properly.

I just thought we’d have to put the 6 figures stated on the “consolidated tax certificate” somewhere (assumably in Anlage KAP, section 5)
 I would not even claim the Quellensteuer back
 But the different handling of the ETFs takes it to a completely other level. Luckily I am far from having to pay taxes on my profit
 No matter how I’ll fill the form.
For the future I will think about switching to a German broker - no matter what fees they will charge they handle the tax-back for me
 For sure I will continuosly get rid of my ETF holdings.

Hey Jan, do you mind to explain this better?

I think he refers to kap-inv for you need to fill about ETF holdings. Other than ETFs, filling in kap form should be straightforward, but calculations regarding ETFs might be more tricky.

Here are some example tutorials about this issue

https://www.finanztip.de/indexfonds-etf/investmentsteuerreformgesetz/

1 Like

I tried yesterday and to be honest I have no confidence where to fill what :unamused:
Even for dividends received, I understood that there’s difference from dividends from stocks and ETFs, so we are supposed to do all calculations manually
 or am I missing something?

hey there, were you able to figure out the tax reporting by any chance? any support from t212 regarding that if you had to ask them specifically?

Getting the tax report was easy, just create a support ticket.

Filling the data is completely painful
 since the report has a generic summary that doesn’t fit on any country specific needs, so you basically have to translate the data in the report to the German form.
If you never did it, as for me, it will be a kind of blindly shot
 you really need to research precisely what fields are necessary and try to extract this from T212 report.

Hi all, I am working on separating ETFs in the tax declaration, too.
It looks like they are not included in the addendum of the tax statement. I did only see there normal shares. Did you find them?

@Support
Can you maybe pair up with a tax office in Germany to make guideline or a tutorial how to use provided data with filling it correctly in tax declaration?`

This might also help to understand how your customers in Germany need the tax statement (this should also reduce work for your customer support by reducing requests)

Hello everyone,

Anyone been able to figure out how to fill german tax forms using t212 data?

ETFs taxation is quite complicated to do ourselves. I don’t want to leave t212 but i am thinking of moving to scalable capital just for the sole reason that it directly files taxes.