I thought it might be interesting, if we could come up with a list of different investing styles, and see what people use or even find out some that people are not aware of!
- buy a stock in one lump sum, or do you do use Pint Cost Averaging?
- buy and hold long term, or do you sell based on a % rise/fall?
- maintain a balanced portfolio, and trim stocks that become overweight?
- buy on the dip/news?
- sell your original stake if your holding increases in value 100%+
- stick to specific security types: Bonds, CFDs, ETFs, Inverse ETFs, Equities, Futures Investment Trusts, OEICs, Options, REITs?
- use any kind of hedging strategy?
- have a select group of core holdings, or do you have to keep scrolling to see all your positions in 212?
- follow an investment advice service and copy their tips?