Is anyone inested ishares physical gold

Letā€™s clear the air a little.

I have not been disrespectful. OP had two questions; one about a gold ETF management, and one about it being worthwhile to invest into. And yes, a little googling could have answered most of it, but I didnā€™t even suggest the idea that he didnā€™t try.

Regarding investing in it, this is a question that none of us here can answer. Beside not being allowed to give financial advises, we have no idea of his situation and goals, and we simply cannot answer it.

I also did not wish to give him a biased view of either buying it or not.

Regarding the management question, it is a non-sensical question in itself; there is no ā€œyesā€ or ā€œnoā€ answer to that, they just hold gold for their clients. But I didnā€™t say that either. I didnā€™t tell him to look it up.

Instead, what i actually did, and you can read me again if you need, is giving him the little pieces of informations that he needed to reach that conclusion, in a sensible way.

I told him it was a physical gold ETF. New information.
Issued by BlackRock. New information. Being the biggest fund provider in the world, new information.

I told him they only buy and sell gold, and not in a speculative way, only to match in and outflows from the fund.

I therefore concluded that there just isnā€™t much to say about its management, since, there is just nothing to say. They donā€™t try to beat an index, or achieve anything else than ā€œholding gold for customersā€.

All of it could have been found by OP if he wanted to, but never did I even suggest it. I was confused at what answer he was expecting here, and gave him the informations to answer his questions as much as possible, while none of those could have any definitive answer.

So drop it with the mighty victim BS already.

In my opinion, topic is already answered and no discussion further added any value.
Good day everybody.

2 Likes

Unfortunately he is just a rude person, just look at his last posts on different topics.
He is just trying to provoke you, donā€™t fall for that.
I suggest ignoring him, at least this is what iā€™m doing.

4 Likes

I actually have some iShares Physical Gold as part of a ā€˜managed portfolioā€™ elsewhere, so yes I do. It is part of the strategy they are running for me. Its not something I would personally pick, but Iā€™m letting them run with it.

2 Likes

Thank you sir appreciate your help

Nice how have returns been?

Thanks for feedback mate

Thanks for your feedback

Hi ive actually seen that video before quite imformative was more looking for exposure to physical gold rather than investing in a company if that makes sense and was just after peoples opinions who invested in gold or ishares really their personal experience thanks

Its only about 5% of a global dynamic portfolio that has only been active 2-3 months so too early to say. The Portfolio is up 57% including bonuses or 6.22% without.

Youā€™re better asking me in 5-10 years time :rofl:

End of the day if you choose to invest directly in gold, then do so because it meets your needs. Personally for a long term investor, Gold is probably not your thing, but if you are looking for an an alternative asset class to Bonds, then its potentially complimentary or good to have as part of a balanced multi asset portfolio. On its own has only returned 25% in the past 10 years, but no-one can predict the future.

Where do I get this? I want in

1 Like

Thank you makes sense

An useful and reliable source of information for financial and economic matters (including financial markets & products, and corporate finance) :

Itā€™s seems that itā€™s more important to criticize posts that provide/share information.

I purpose if the bashing attitude/bullying continues, as the goal of the topic became less important to exist (sharing information), to close it, instead of becoming a Reddit/WSB extension.

3 Likes

If you really think thisā€¦ why are you still here posting and provoking?
Most of the people on the forum provide helpful informations. But you donā€™t seam to agree or accept the information received. Clearly you are in a wrong place.

2 Likes

Can the OP @Dman or one of the admins please close the tread?
It clearly lost itā€™s intended purpose.

Thank you.