Islamic/Shariah ETFs

As a muslim I find there is a need to balance between investing in companies which will produce a decent return with the economic and ethical requirements of the religion, such as not investing in companies associated with tobacco, alcohol or weapons.

With individual companies I research them to identify which I can invest in and which I cannot, with ETFs however they can contain such a broad range of stocks that I can’t feasibly check them myself.

However, there are a number of ETFs out their which have been purposely made to always comply with these requirements and thus I can rely on them. Unfortunately not many are available through Trading 212, but having the options made available to use would be fantastic.

Below are a bunch of the ETFs which I hope can eventually be added to the platform (with fractional shares at the same time too :smile:)

• HLAL - Wahed FTSE USA Shariah ETF
  • SPUS - SP Funds S&P 500 Sharia Industry Exclusions ETF
  • SPSK - SP Funds Dow Jones Global Sukuk ETF

A few available but most don’t support fractional shares which if this could be added for them would be amazing (sadly this also almost the entire list of islamic ETFs):

• ISDE - iShares MSCI EM Islamic UCITS ETF USD (Dist)
  • ISUS - iShares MSCI USA Islamic UCITS ETF USD (Dist)
  • ISDU - iShares MSCI USA Islamic UCITS ETF USD (Dist)
  • ISWD - iShares MSCI World Islamic UCITS ETF GBX (Dist)

Investing is for everyone, different people - different choices and interests. If someone created this ETFs it does not matter if they are Islamic or not.
We are all here with the idea of investing in Our own way and everyone is equal as investor.
I hope someone will looked into your request, it is always good to have a good diversification of investments choices.

3 Likes

Unfortunately the first 3 ETFs you suggested are US domiciled and not available for EU retail investors for legal reasons.

You can request UCITS.