As a muslim I find there is a need to balance between investing in companies which will produce a decent return with the economic and ethical requirements of the religion, such as not investing in companies associated with tobacco, alcohol or weapons.
With individual companies I research them to identify which I can invest in and which I cannot, with ETFs however they can contain such a broad range of stocks that I can’t feasibly check them myself.
However, there are a number of ETFs out their which have been purposely made to always comply with these requirements and thus I can rely on them. Unfortunately not many are available through Trading 212, but having the options made available to use would be fantastic.
Below are a bunch of the ETFs which I hope can eventually be added to the platform (with fractional shares at the same time too )
- HLAL - Wahed FTSE USA Shariah ETF
- SPUS - SP Funds S&P 500 Sharia Industry Exclusions ETF
- SPSK - SP Funds Dow Jones Global Sukuk ETF
A few available but most don’t support fractional shares which if this could be added for them would be amazing (sadly this also almost the entire list of islamic ETFs):
- ISDE - iShares MSCI EM Islamic UCITS ETF USD (Dist)
- ISUS - iShares MSCI USA Islamic UCITS ETF USD (Dist)
- ISDU - iShares MSCI USA Islamic UCITS ETF USD (Dist)
- ISWD - iShares MSCI World Islamic UCITS ETF GBX (Dist)