Maximum stocks in a pie

hi could you tell me the maximum amount of stocks you can hold in 1 pie please

4 Likes

As Richard mentions, the current maximum is 50, but they intend to increase the maximum to 100 at some point:

Just to point out, that the minimum investment for a company within a pie is 0.20 GBP, therefore if you make a slice in your pie too small the minimum investment you can make into the pie will increase.

Eg. For a GBP user: If you have 0.50% (current minimum) allocated to a stock within a pie, considering the mimimum investment of 0.20 GBP the minimum investment you can make into the pie would be 40 GBP, to ensure that all companies/ETFs get allocated at least 0.20 GBP.

6 Likes

thank you very helpful

1 Like

This would be a awesome feature if it could be implemented. I would love to create my own ā€œETFā€™sā€

Is this feature ever coming? I mean we have now 2023 and I donā€™t understand why it is not complex to have exactly 50 slices but 100 slices would make Trading212 bankrupt? Or would it kill the app?

How did you deduce this?

1 Like

Sarcasm? Because it seems to take more than 2+ years to implement something simple.

But we donā€™t know itā€™s ā€˜simpleā€™. What other broker allows you to setup essentially your own fund and auto invest proportionally across allocations? The complications I think would be minimal tradable lots and volume of small orders.

I do agree, concentrated investment funds have from 20-60 holdings typically so increasing the number is logical.

It seems that I offended you here. First of all sorry for that. I think I have to clarify that I am overall very happy with Trading212.

I have been reading now (for two weeks) some ā€œupcomingā€ features that were proposed and suggested in 2020. There are a lot of seemingly small features/implementations that are still not implemented and my question is why? Because it would make using the app more comfortable. And what I donā€™t understand is that there has been no progress at all for more than 2 years.

That was why I am asking. I donā€™t think that the implementation is that complex because you are now obligated to invest x ā‚¬ if you want to invest in your pie. So I guess they know what they are doing in case of making it profitable for them and do minimise their overhead.

I am sorry for posting at all and not marking my first post with a sarcasm tag.

No your fine, I just get annoyed by the sarcastic tone of some users that expect more than what they signed up for. Thatā€™s not to say we shouldnā€™t push for the best service possible and help try to raise the bar.

Thereā€™s a lot of things Iā€™m waiting for too - inspecie transfers(handy should 212 hike their fees), ASX segment of the LSE(unlikely this one), Japan marketā€¦.and so onā€¦

Pies in pies would be cool(and might be a solution for you), but it also gets to a point it becomes over complicated. Pies in pies could allow you to say segregate holdings into countries or sectors, and aggregate upwards. That said, I can also do all of that in a spreadsheet and track on say wallmine.

To me as nice as these may be, more markets, out of hours trading, flexible ISA / other efficient tax wrappers etc are more meaningful.

Have you seen this thread?

I added the pies within pies but missed the pie stock limit :see_no_evil:. Idea being to show 212 whatā€™s the highest priority from their user base. Never a guarantee but we did get some responses from 212 what was in flight.

We plan on increasing the limit soon, along with other Pie improvements. Stay tuned! :v:

4 Likes

Hi.

Any new development regarding this topic?

We canā€™t provide an ETA at this point. Once there are updates, weā€™ll share them in the thread here.

1 Like

Can you share what other improvements are planned?

Weā€™re considering increasing the AutoInvest flexibility and offering additional scheduling options (e.g. auto-invest twice or more times a week).

That would be awesome!

Hi, Are you considering auto invest at random hours? I personally donā€™t like the auto invest to go live at market price as soon as the market opens.

1 Like

Currently, I cannot provide any specific information related to the option for selecting a preferred hour. However, Iā€™ll pass this for consideration :ok_hand:

2 Likes