MMTLP to Nextbridge - what’s gonna happen?

I have my MMTLP shares in my invest account t but would like to know if Trading212 will support Nextbridge shares ??

@Bogi.H would you know at all?? @Michael.M ??

Any support would be appreciated

@robmo, if you keep your MMTLP position open after the market closure on the record date (12.12.2022), you’ll receive Next Bridge Hydrocarbons, Inc. shares, but they won’t be transferable or tradeable.

Thanks Bogi @Bogi.H so basically worthless as we can’t do anything with them?! Is that correct ?

Depends on your definition of worthless. If you think ownership in a business is worthless, it is a wonder you even buy shares in the first place!

But if your only interest is the $ next to it, giving you a warm feeling of “this is just like my saving account!”, then, yes, worthless. You will not be able to trade the shares, maybe for a while, maybe forever.
Maybe you’ll get bought out. Maybe this will happen at a large discount, absent an active market. But in the near future, no tendies for you should you hold onto the shares.

1 Like

The shares of Next Bridge Hydrocarbons, Inc. represent ownership in the company. Those shares, however, will not be tradable or transferrable based on the information currently available, therefore, they have no current market valuation.

@Bogi.H Can you confirm MMTLP is still able to be sold today and Monday 12th. As I have seen emails and chats from IBKR saying that MMTLP is now unable to be sold at all. I know you guys at 212 are the last to know from IBKR, if this is the case and true big boo bo made in communication. Hands up I could be totally wrong on this so not trying to cause a storm in a tea cup. However all the info around this stock is worryingly hit and miss.

Thank you @Bogi.H for you time and patients with us all here. you must be sick of this ticker now lol.

2 Likes

I don’t believe the ownership of the shares would be worthless as I believe there is some great potential in Nextbridge. It’s more the fact you’re tied to them sat in the account with them not being tradeable and as have no current market value with no clear plan of what will happen , as you have said “maybe forever”

It’s a conundrum

1 Like

Currently, MMTLP sell orders cannot be executed. As per the latest information received, there are no available venues where trading can be facilitated. We updated the Help centre article here and the instruments’ trading notice.

But this was stated to be able to be sold until the 12th December as per your comms so have you now moved the goalposts prior to opening ??

U3 FINRA halt… means if they let it trade it crashes the market hahaha. interesting few hours

1 Like

Hope you’re right but knowing them they’ll halt until Tuesday so we are stuck

We have been screwed - they are halting it until next week when MMTLP gets deleted

I did laugh when I read that. It’s over guys haha we’ll get lumped with the worthless NextBridge shares it’ll all go quiet and nothing will ever come of it :woozy_face::sweat_smile:

1 Like

All these brokers and FINRA are working together to rip of the retail investors. The whole system is corrupt.

2 Likes

MMTLP /MMAT Board hold the right to suspend or restart the spin-off if they seem the spin off to be a determinate to investors. So they could add more days or start again. Apparently, now FINRA and SEC can see the float has 2x 340m shares when it should be 160mill. This could be interesting still. NB is not the end of the world imo, Free shares etc just need to wait thats all.

1 Like

Yes agreed , hopefully some hope and ideally Nextbridge is as exciting as they say it could be , small write up on the WeBull app news link as well. Here’s hoping

Anyone based in the UK who is looking at reporting this to the financial authorities or ombudsman? How can we be told we can close our positions on the 9th and 12th only for it to be changed just before the open on the 9th removing that right to close our positions?? Surely that’s not right….

@Michael.M @Bogi.H where do we stand with this, Trading212 and your intermediary IBKR??

Many people would have taken your communication that we could close on Friday 9th or Monday 12th as stated only for “you” to then change this?!

Well on the 8th, the T212 article said the 8th to be the last day. While at the time that information was inaccurate, it turned out to be accurate from outside forces at play.

But you may still have a case; not sure it would lead anywhere, and you’ll have to see if there is any further development in the next few days; but having a bunch of retails stuck with non tradable shares due to unannounced early closure, it’s possible that UK’s watchdog could take it up to the FINRA. Could also ask for a free meeting with an investor class-action lawsuit cabinet, they will be able to tell you if you have a case or not.

As of now, it is yet uncertain if trading will not be restored, or if the record date will be maintained, so you’ll have to be patient until everything is done and well.

Thank you Zergui for such a detailed and sincere answer, really appreciate it.

We will have to wait and see what transpires for the time being.

Thank you

They updated the article to say you could trade on 9th and 12th.