NEW: Sector/Thematic/Broad Market ETPs

Hi @SiLowe. Please keep in mind that these are daily leveraged ETPs. This means that longer holding periods can lead to some whacky performance if there’s no trend - due to what’s called the compounding effect.

You can check out this Guide for more details.

1 Like

Betting in the downfall of TSLA? What you know? :thinking:

1 Like

Wouldn’t dare.

Nothing more than you. :smiley:

1 Like

@Oktay
Will you announce the news about LS ETPs? :wink:

Btw, can you explain the Replication Method “Physical” of LS ETPs (old and new)?

1 Like

Hey @RLX - nothing gets past you :slight_smile:

I’ve been away last few weeks, but will be glad to share the new list once the ETPs are available for trading on the platform. I’ve asked the T212 team to add them today, so they should be live in the next few days.

Sure. As usual, the new ETPs all track existing instruments - just with leverage or short exposure.

• Leveraged ETPs: We buy the underlying instruments to make sure the leveraged exposure is fully backed. Example: For $1M worth of 3x NIO ETP issued, LS (Leverage Shares) buys $3M worth of NIO stock to be held as collateral. The added financing for the purchase of the underlying instruments (margin loan) is provided by IBKR.
  • Inverse ETPs: LS simply shorts the underlying instrument(s) and holds cash as collateral. Pretty simple. No swaps, no derivatives, no futures contracts.
1 Like

As mentioned by @RLX, below are the 41 new ETPs just launched and now added to the T212 platform. Let me know if anyone has questions :point_down:

Commodities USD GBx EUR Underlying Holding
3x Long Gold ETP GLD3 3GLD 3GLE GLD
-3x Short Gold ETP GL3S SGOL SGLE GLD
2x Long WTI Oil ETP WTI2 2OIL 2OIE USO
-2x Short WTI Oil ETP WTIS SWTI SOIE USO
3x Long Silver ETP SLV3 3SLV 3SLE SLV
-3x Short Silver ETP SLVS 3SSL SSLE SLV
Single Stocks USD GBx EUR Underlying Holding
3x Long Coupang ETP CPN3 3CPN CP3E CPNG
-3x Short Coupang ETP CPNS SCPN SCPE CPNG
3x Long Xpeng ETP XPE3 3XPE 3XPV XPEV
-3x Short Xpeng ETP XP3S SXPE SXEE XPEV
3x Long Linde (LIN) ETP LIN3 3LIN 3LI LIN
-3x Short Linde (LIN) ETP LINS SLIN SLIE LIN
3x Long Siemens (SIE) ETP SIE3 SIEM SIEE SIE
-3x Short Siemens (SIE) ETP SIES SSIE SSEE SIE
3x Long Mercedes Benz (MBG) ETP MBG3 3MBG 3MBE MBG
-3x Short Mercedes Benz (MBG) ETP MBGS SMBG SMBE MBG
3x Long Infineon (IFX) ETP IFX3 3IFX 3IFE IFX
-3x Short Infineon (IFX) ETP IFXS SIFX SIFE IFX
3x Long Volkswagen (VW) ETP VW3 3VW 3VWE VOW3
-3x Short Volkswagen (VW) ETP VWS SVW SVWE VOW3
3x Long ASML ETP ASM3 3ASM ASME ASML
-3x Short ASML ETP AL3S SASM SASE ASML
-3x Short Microsoft (MSFT) ETP MS3S 3SMF 3SMT MSFT
-3x Short Amazon (AMZN) ETP AM3S 3SAM 3SMZ AMZN
-3x Short Facebook (META) ETP FB3S SFB3 FBE FB
-3x Short Alibaba (BABA) ETP BA3S SBA3 3SBE BABA
-3x Short Apple (AAPL) ETP AAPS 3SAA SALE AAPL
-3x Short Alphabet (GOOG) ETP GG3S 3SGG GGES GOOG
-3x Short Nvidia (NVDA) ETP NV3S SNV3 SNDE NVDA
Broad Markets USD GBx EUR Underlying Holding
3x Long South Korea ETP KOR3 3KOR 3SKE EWY
-3x Short South Korea ETP KORS SKOR SSKE EWY
3x Long China ETP CHI3 3CHI 3CHE MCHI
-3x Short China ETP CHNS SCHI SCHE MCHI
3x Long Taiwan ETP TAI3 3TAI 3TAE EWT
-3x Short Taiwan ETP TAIS STAI STAE EWT
3x Long Japan ETP JPN3 3JPN 3JPE EWJ
-3x Short Japan ETP JPNS SJPN SJAP EWJ
3x Long US Tech 100 ETP QQL3 3QQQ 3QQE QQQ
3x Long US 500 ETP SPY3 3SPY 3SYE QQQ
3x Long Germany 40 ETP DAX3 3DAX 3DXE EXS1
-3x Short Germany 40 ETP DAXS SDAX SGYE EXS1
3 Likes

Dear All,

I invested an amount in XS2399367411 (CO3S). Coinbase jumped ~ 30% after the announcement from their side (Partner of BlackRock).

Did this ETP die? I thought there would be a mechanism after -17% where the trading is halted and the ETP is amended due to the new circumstances.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @sedah - COIN stock gapped up >33.33% at US open on the 4th of August, rendering -3x Short Coinbase ETP worthless. You’re right - there is a mechanism to curtail the chances of the product going to 0 - unfortunately the stop-loss mechanism cannot be triggered outside of ETP trading hours.

The ETP will be delisted in the upcoming week(s) and investors will be compensated with approximately $0.10 per ETP held (minimum redemption amount). There will be an official notice published on the site of London Stock Exchange shortly.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification here.

Hello,

Not being rude here, but you understand what you’ve bought right? You need the price to go down, if the price spikes upwards in a volatile manner ALL of the derivatives within that ETP become essentially worthless, when something becomes worthless it can no longer trade and thus is delisted. It’s like an ETP form of bankruptcy.

1 Like

Well, that’s like leverage derivatives 101. Why would you even buy into it while being that clueless?

Read the prospectus, and just use the search function on these forums, and you’ll find out “what happens next”.

TL;DR: there are some caveat you should research, but for the most part you’ve lost all the money you’ve put into it, and from your own doing.

Just no. Stop the conspiracies and stupid accusations when you’re just being blatantly ignorant about the topic.

3 Likes

You literally bought a 3x leveraged position, which is at risk of complete liquidation any day.

You have absolutely no standing ground to ask “your security won’t get delisted tomorrow”.

This just ain’t how any of it works.

4 Likes

This is key. We’re trying to help, we don’t work for T212 and we’re trying to explain, calmly, why you’re wrong. You listen.

5 Likes

Hello fellows,

My question is about Leverage Shares 5x Long US Tech 100 - QQQ5.

Yesterday, I bought shares at 16:51 EET at price $0.249, and sold 45 minutes later, 17:37 EET at $0.191.

That’s a 23% change! How could it be, as the index has not moved 4.6% in the time span?

Trading 212 couldn’t answer, Leverage Shares told me “We work with an independent market maker, which is setting the quotes for our products and is responsible for the intraday pricing.”

I really can’t figure out how could you lose such a great amount for such a short time, as US Tech 100 didn’t change even 1% in the period.

I attach screenshots, would be really grateful if someone could explain!

Not a definite answer here, but maybe some pointers.

For one, this is indeed an extremely volatile product, although as you’ve pointed out, the underlying movement hasn’t been that extreme.

Secondly, these products are assisted by a sponsoring bank, acting as a Market Maker; in order to insure that the product trades around its supposed underlying NAV, the MM has standing orders on the trading book a little above and a little below the NAV.
But the range between these orders is rather wide, in part to allow genuine trades between people in a rather illiquid market, and in part for risk management on the part of the MM.

What I believe happened, you’ve bought the instrument with a Market order, and got the MM’s selling price (above the NAV). Then sold with a Market order, and also got the MM’s price (below NAV).

(Edit: Yes, i use the term NAV very loosely here. Of course talking about the reference index.)

Thanks for the reply! I got historic data on QQQ5 and there are no prices reaching fill price of 0.249. Could you please explain me how is that possible?
Opera Snapshot_2022-12-30_104747_www.investing.com

In the transaction details, you will notice it reads “Over the Counter (OTC)”.

This means T212 was your counter party, the order never reached the exchange; and was filled at the closest trading book order (you got the price you would have gotten on the exchange, but your counter party was T212).

T212 keeps a buffer of shares to honor most of the trades internally, which they fill at the exchange’s prices, to avoid paying commission on posting these orders. This is pretty much the only way they can afford commission free trading.

If you issue big orders, especially on unpopular products, you may see your order being split in 2; a first one, OTC, honored by T212. Then the 2nd one would be executed on the exchange.

Not entirely sure about Limit orders; I’ve heard some complaints around here that T212 does not post it on the exchange until it reaches close to the limit price; if it were the case, they also could internalize the transaction as well.

1 Like