New Stock Exchange: Euronext Lisbon šŸ‡µšŸ‡¹

@RLX, our intermediary sends the dividends to us with the relevant standard fee for the respective country, and we apply the same fee when distributing the dividends to the shareholders. So, the fact that weā€™re UK-based and the shares are held in an omnibus account is irrelevant in this regard.

1 Like

Great work with the new markets - do you know when Canada will be available? $CSU :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know about XTB, but if you are resident in pt, they give you the difference (35%-28%), if you send them an email regarding that.

1 Like

Maybe Japan, will be next. :wink:

5 Likes

Yeh I noticed Japan has been added to CFD, personally only interested in ISA exchanges and rather Canadian stocks > Japan or portugual :woozy_face::disappointed:

4 Likes

Who gives the difference? The broker or the tax authorities?
I know it is possible to file a request with the tax authorities asking for their evaluation of the situation. Not sure what the outcome would be positive!

The broker can give the diference (35%-28%).
If you want to include dividends on your tax return, in that case the authorities will adjust the correct diference.

Hey, everyone :person_raising_hand:

We just received an update regarding the topic from our intermediary. The withholding tax we replicate is 35% and not 28%, as previously mentioned.

Hi @Momchil.G, i already had a very long exchange via the chat tool on the app about this topic with T212 helpdesk.
I am really sorry this was not proprely disclosed from the start.
As mentioned on that chat, this is a complete deal breaker for me for this particular market.

Also for sake of clarity, the normal rate is 28%, not 35%.

2 Likes

As I previously mentioned:

At the time, the T212 answer:

For Portuguese Tax Authority, Omnibus accounts will always have a 35% withholding tax, due that the specific nature of Omnibus accounts doesnā€™t allow to identify each individual investor, as the funds are not segregated for each investor inside that account.

Announce candada exchanges :weary::weary::weary:

1 Like

:question: :question: :question: :question: :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

@RLX that does not change the initial reply from T212: that 28% would be applied.
I am glad I bought only 1 share of navigator to try it out as they went ex-date a couple of days ago.

At the end i prefer to keep my portfolio of PT/EU stocks at XTB (they also offer a bigger selection of PT stocks)

2 Likes

Is that company better for Pt stocks or EU? Why? Just curiousā€¦ā€¦

@RLX , is your thesis on Greenvolt still intact?

As I can see, they are developing multiple green projects in different countries and do not seem to catch a break. Certainly peaked my interest.

They are very active, and they are a recent created company.
They were originally created as a Biomass company for groupā€™s wood waste (see below):

Today news about it:

They are in Biomass, Solar, Wind, planning Green Hydrogen.
At the moment, Iā€™m only following the daily national economic news about it.

3 Likes

Hi,
if possible please add following portuguese stocks:
CFN; IPR; RAM; INA; VAA; GLINT; SCT; MAR; MCP;NBA;RED;TDSA;SCP;FCP;SLB;MRL;SNC.
Thanks.

1 Like

@Bogi.H do we just get 1 new exchange a year? :disappointed: any Nordic countries/Canada would be appreciated

2 Likes

We plan to expand the exchanges list by the end of the year. Stay tuned :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Okay, I didnā€™t expect that :heart_eyes:

Iā€™m praying itā€™s Canada/Sweden

4 Likes