Poll: How many Pies do you have? 📊

How do you keep track of 80 stocks? I just don’t have time to think about any more than 10 to 15 max.

1 Like

Now i have around 180 instruments.
I would simply set alerts for price movements.

Just a thought, wouldn’t it be easier to keep track of 80+ stocks if they were divided into 8-10 pies?

1 Like

It would be easier to keep track of combined price movement yes.

I mean keeping track of 180 company’s activities, news, finances etc. It’s impossible to do that. With 180 you’re essentially throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks and going with that!

3 Likes

My portfolio is extensively diversified.
Sector ETF’s, Index ETF’s, Commodity ETF’s
US, UK, Euro stocks, etc.

On top of this, 2x, 3x from LeverageShares (Around 20+ for short term trades)

Bitcoin ETF added recently, need to add that as well to my portfolio!!! (Earlier i hold bitcoin in Coinbase.)

I have 4 (or 6 if you included 1 stock pies)

Growth
Dividend
Risky plays
(new) Payment (think Visa, Square etc…)

Then I also have a pie each for 2 ETFS i like.

1 Like

You can become over diversified though to the point where you end up hurting your gains.

Yes, my strategy currently is Low Risk Low return. and anything better than the bank interest of 0.1% per year.

1 Like

It seems by having 180 stocks you’re heading towards high risk low return. You might end up underperforming the market due to the number of stocks you have.

It could be worth cutting 75% of them and focusing on some ETFs and a handful of select stocks. You could then be truly low risk and perform in line with the market (or even outperform), with less stress of having to keep track of so many instruments.

1 Like

i have 15… I have built different tematic pies, and sector pies for each sector…

but for the autoinvest I am using only 4 pies now…

My strategy is to rotate between various pies depending on market situation to enhance profit