PrimaryBid broker integration

Can Trading212 have themselves listed as a provider on Primary Bid? I am having to use another broker, which charges a Ā£20 settlement fee. Some of the brokers on there have zero fee. It would be good to have Trading212 integrated with this.

13 Likes

Great idea, would love this!

1 Like

+1 this would be a great idea.

1 Like

As far as ā€˜integrationsā€™ go this amounts to T212 custodian (Iā€™m assuming IB) talks to PrimaryBids custodian (Iā€™m assuming Jarvis) and a transfer takes place. This is borderline all it actually takes. In my old role if someone asked me to go this Iā€™d be like ā€˜sure, Iā€™ll have it sorted for you later todayā€™. Basically this ainā€™t rocket science. A few Legals, an initial phone call, a transfer message. The question will be if anybody wants to. Itā€™s a question of will not technicals or costs.

I presume trading 212 will jump on itā€¦ if nothing else to beat FreeTrade to yet another requestā€¦ :laughing:

3 Likes

+1 this. Registered with Primary Bid the other day. Missed out on the IWG placing last night through dithering over the fee.

Fully behind this requestā€¦ need a true commission free player on board with this who has the stock universe to accommodate transfers in.

Iā€™m seeing you on the Freetrade and T212 forum haha. Thanks for the info!

By the way, thereā€™s a couple of us on an investing discord forum, you should check it out. Your website has been linked a few times:

Yep, entirely correct and the reason Iā€™d imagine youā€™re much more likely to see action on T212 first

I came across this app today PrimaryBid which allows realtail investors to subscribe to share offerings and delivers the shares to the userā€™s brokerage account. Currently it doesnā€™t support Trading212. Are you aware of this app, and would you support this on the future or a different way altogether to subscribe to share offerings?

3 Likes

I have a Pending Primary Bid account and I too am wondering if i can use Trading 212 instead of Halifax Share Dealing (crooks).

Is this something that can likely be done before I even contemplate anything through Primary Bid? Some of the charges seem excessive using all the other brokers!!

@AlexK @George @David @Tony.V :beers:

1 Like

I noticed that Interactive Brokers are already listed, which is who @Team212 use already, so I canā€™t see it being a major struggle? Was only reminded of this while checking out tonightā€™s offer that just came through.

2 Likes

Can T212 work on integration with primarybid ?

Good read :newspaper: some extracts:

Retail shareholders afforded the same opportunity as institutions = Good thing.

Persistent narrative that this represents a win because itā€™s ā€˜discountedā€™ = Bad thing.

Unspoken operational quirks enroute to ownership and risks inherent in that (current) process = Education thing.

Fact that any broker worth your time could perform this operation anyway without additional intermediation = šŸ¤·šŸ¼

Thought it was worth sharing;

The popularity can only grow from here! :+1:

1 Like

Thereā€™s that narrative again that retail holders are being screwed solely because shares ā€˜are heavily discountedā€™

They are discounted. For a reason.

Retail shareholder equality is awesome. PB shine a nice light on this. Theyā€™ve done good work. I wish them success.

Cynic in me says if thereā€™s more retail action then thereā€™s more commission to be taken from that action andā€¦ low and beholdā€¦ the LSE investsā€¦

Good for PB. Nice to see a young startup get validation.

I remain sceptical their model isnā€™t 100% replicable overnight by incumbent brokers. I donā€™t see ā€˜techā€™ here either. Standard open offer and placing protocol followed. T212 get clients in on some open offers direct anyway (Ted Baker, RBG, another Iā€™ve forgotten )

1 Like

I donā€™t work for this company or actively promote their services i just have an account and would like to access new public company share placings which are sometimes heavily discounted plus no stamp duty or commission to pay but unfortunately Trading 212 are not on their list of brokers.
Trading just needs to contact them and get themselves added at no cost.

I have sent three request via the trading 212 website but have received no response to any of them. Please see below for contact details and a little about the company and what they provide:
Email: enquiries@primarybid.com
Tel: 02074916519

PrimaryBid is a platform that allows Private Investors to participate in new share placings by listed companies. ā€œWe provide equal access to new share offers from public companies, at the same price as institutional investorsā€ ā€œWe receive a fee from the companies we raise capital for, so we donā€™t charge you a commission and you donā€™t pay stamp dutyā€
ā€œPrimaryBid is a partner of London Stock Exchangeā€

If you purchased/paid for stock via PB would T212 actually turn it away? Might be worth a try. At worst PB would have to refund your money. :man_shrugging:

Can you use the ā€˜Iā€™ll add my broker laterā€™ option in the PB app? Donā€™t they allow ā€˜otherā€™ broker to be selected? So you donā€™t have to specify your broker as T212? I dunno.

No, you need to specify your compatible broker and if you donā€™t have one, they direct you to set up an account with Jarvis brokers.

So canā€™t experiment with it really.