Question regarding deposit and withdrawal with Revolut

Croatian banks (or hpb, but I suppose its the same for all croatian banks) use the same exchange rate for USD as Revolut (interbank exchange rate) to exchange from USD to EUR, and then they use their selling rate to exchange from EUR to HRK (and charge your card in hrk). So its not such a big difference.

Try deposit 1 USD, and then compare with revolut.

Doesnā€™t seem such a small differenceā€¦

@Vedran just make your country to adopt the ā‚¬uro.

1 Like

Yes, waiting for that 2023. But you know, by time Croatia tries to adopt EUR, maybe it is gone already. :clown_face:

1 Like

Because you doing it wrong. :smiley: You donā€™t use the exchange rate from croatian bank to exchange from USD to EUR, you have to use interbank exchange rate, 100 USD > 81,34 EUR > 618,99kn. So the difference between Revolut and HPB is 614,81 vs 618,99.

ry to deposit 1 usd with your croatian debit card (write down balance before and after).

I just did 100 USD top up.

So far 623,11 HRK reserved.

Will verify once confirmed transaction.

So 614.81 vs 623.11 currently.

Seems like approx 0,7% fee, but itā€™s not from t212.

In this moment (revolut) interbank rate to buy 100 usd is 0.8154, 81.54eur x 7.61hrk = 620.52hrk.

Revolut $100 - 617.20 kn
Your deposit - 623.11 kn
My calculation - 620.52 kn
USD selling rate - 632.69 kn

Why would I buy EUR to buy USD on Revolut. On Rev it is straight HRK > USD visible rate.

I topped up Revolut for 100 USD via HPB.
623.11 HRK visible on HPB.

At time of my top up, Revolut was offering 100 USD for 614.81 HRK.

So it is 1.23% ā€œfeeā€.

I called HPB customer service and asked how I could know how much they will deduct from my account if I deposit $100 to t212. I got the answer that it is very easy to calculate, first they settle USD (or any other currency) to EUR at the international exchange rate and then EUR to HRK on hpb eur selling rate. So I just need to know the international exchange rate (itā€™s live, currently USD to EUR 81.82) and the HPB EUR selling rate (it changes daily, 4.1. 7,61). I asked if there was any fee, they told me no, although there was obviously confusion, or the customer service was not well informed (it wouldnā€™t be the first time).

When I compared the amount they deducted from my account it looked correct (but I didnā€™t search interbank rate archive or maybe revolut rate was higher), and the difference was 10kn on 200 USD deposit. Revolut is still cheaper, but itā€™s not such a big difference. So I didnā€™t bother with that, I use my hpb master debit cart for deposits. On weekends it could be even cheaper to use hpb.

But I think I found the answer, maybe there is 0,71% fee (kartična plaćanja, on hpb exchange rate). I will send e-mail to hpb customer service, it really intrigued me. :smiley:

I am still not sure how it is 0.7% when I bought USD on Revo and Revo topup via HPB in USD and difference is 1.35%.

I am using a Revolut VISA card from a free-tier account for my weekly transfers for over 4 months now and it works just fine.
Didnā€™t have a transfer in 2021 yet, so maybe some brexit stupidity changed that.

T212 introduced 0.7% fee for card top up after 2k allowance is used.

1 Like

I will explain. :+1:

Revolut - 100usd = 618,07 hrk. Straightfoward.

HPB debit mastercard. 100 usd to eur to hrk. 100 usd using interbank exchange rate to 81.82 eur. 81.82 eur to hrk using bank sales rate (ā€œprodajni za devizeā€) 7,61 + 0,71% ecb fee = 627,10 hrk. 100x0.8182x7,61+0,71%= 627,10 hrk. If you deposit $100 on your t212 account with hpb debit card at this moment, they will charge you 627,10 hrk.

That amount can change until the transaction isnā€™t settled, it could be more, but also it could be less than 627,10 kn (usually few cents).

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/personal/get-support/convert-currency.html

Tečajna Lista HPB, Kalkulator, Mjenjačnica | HNB Srednji Devizni Tečaj | - HPB - Hrvatska poÅ”tanska banka d.d. (tab ā€œTečajna lista za kartične transakcijeā€)

https://www.eumonitor.eu/9353000/1/j9vvik7m1c3gyxp/vkx89dxc4dxo

Ok, that is understood, my ā€œfeeā€ was in regards to difference how much you pay on Revolut to buy USD, vs top up USD via HPB.

Revolut USD 100 = 614.81 HRK
HPB USD 100 = 623.11 HRK

Difference between two figures.

614.81HRK + 1.35% = 623.11 HRK

Thus 1.35% ā€œFeeā€ as I paid 1.35% more on HPB.

Yes, but revolut exchange rate isnā€™t fixed, maybe it wasnā€™t 614.81 at the moment you touch pay in t212 app. I also made a deposit to t212 and hpb charge me the same amount as they charge you - 623.11 hrk (reserved), but revolut rate was 618,40hrk.

Revolut, has Limit order for FX.

So can pretty much get the best available rate that day. Unless some crazy spike/dip.

Has anyone tried xe.com? I used it in the past and they donā€™t charge fees.

1 Like

I tried the App now, when I see register without google oauth, I cry. :cry:

Sadly uninstalled, but FX seems similar to Revolut.

They have 2FA, I think their exchange rate is about 0.06 above mid-rate. Just crossed my mind it can be a good way to fund T212.

Limit order means nothing, itā€™s just someoneā€™s wish.