Recommend me a stock

I have a shortlist of Ceres holdings, Rolls Royce and not sure what else I should be looking at.

Looking for outside the box ideas, else I’m just going to top up my worst performing stocks.

Palantair…soon on the moon!

Oh god, we’ve offically become Twitter. :smile: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

What areas would you consider?
European stocks?

Edit:

3 weeks ago I would have had quite a few suggestions I was following 20-25 stocks, but quite a few of them have jumped and considering the damage of the pandemic I think they might be a bit overpriced.

If I was to choose 3 out of the post above it would be: Telefonica, Iberdrola and Neurones. I think these may be significantly undervalued, but obviously don’t take my wor for it and research everything before investing :slight_smile:.
Neurones is not currently on T212, but I requested it a few months ago, here is my post about it:

It is not a mainstream stock, so it might fit the bill of “outside the box”.

In the end I bought a small position on a different platform, I’m waiting for T212 to add it to take a larger position (assuming that the price does not increase alot before then).

I also think that Nokia and Intel will bounce back. If you are bullish on Gold, Pan African Resources could be a mid-cap option. You can start with @Scrooge_McCodf’s information [Request] Pan African Resources - [LSE - PAF] - #5 by Scrooge_McCodf and do your own research. I looked into it and decided that it was a good option.

Another possibly interesting one in the current economic environment could be AB Foods, but I have not actually looked into this one in detail.

In terms of AIM stocks, I am following:
Eenergy
RA International
Mercantile Ports and Logistics
Water Intelligence (not on T212)
Seeing Machines (not on T212)

If anyone does end up looking into any of the ones I have mentioned in this post or the post linked, please let me know what you think :smiley:.

Summit therapeutics inc
Wishbone gold
2 different areas

StoneCo
Upwork
Tesla
Jd

:euro::euro::euro:

If Dougal is looking for a Twitter stock, then please have a look at Greatland Gold.
I think it has a lot of potential, but it is definitely “hyped”.
Quite a few of us on here (including Joey, I think) have bought in, even if just a small amount.

If you are interested Dougal, I can point you in the direction of some information provided, I think, by Donald_Duck.

Out of the box idea - Danone.
Hasn’t yet got to former highs, and has a large product offering.

I have not looked too closely into it, but they own most of the water bottle companies / food / baby formula etc. + they embraced the eco movement.

Could see a 80% return possibly ?
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/bn?mod=mw_quote_switch&countrycode=fr

Honest answer:
I can tell you, but I am not doing so. Your risk profile can be different than mine. Besides that the results I earned with some stocks are not a guarantee for the future.

Not so honest answer:
Focus on renewable energy.

Yeah, but I also like to look for value where others are not. As EquityInvestor posted, some of the stocks they’re following, they now believe are overpriced. I’ve thought the same for Ceres holdings the past 3 months for where they are currently in the market, but they keep going up.

I’m location agnostic in terms of holding individual stocks. I generally like to use a global equity tracker fund as my benchmark for personal stock selection performance. If I cant reasonably expect to beat it, which has been relatively easy this year, then I may as well invest in a tracker.

1 Like

I have encountered the same with Siemens Gamesa. I have been wanting to invest in them for a while, but I think that ship might have sailed also.

Out of the box ideas, could you specify? Am just gonna assume you wan’t stocks which aren’t discussed that often.

ResMed (NYSE: RMD) - cloud-connectable medical devices for treating sleep apnea (and more)
Hikma (LON: HIK) - non-branded generic and in-licensed pharmaceutical products
ASR Nederland (AMS: ASRNL) - dutch mid cap insurance company
Aedifica (EBR: AED) - belgian reit specialized in european housing for seniors with care needs
Cyrusone (NASDAQ: CONE) - US data center reit
BE Semiconductor Industries (AMS: BESI) - dutch mid cap semi equipment
ASMI (AMS: ASM) - dutch mid cap semi equipment
SalMar - Norwegian integrated salmon producer (already published an analysis on it)
Switch (NYSE: SWCH) - develops data center facilities and provides colocation, telecommunications, cloud services, and content ecosystems in the US.
Engie (EPA: ENGI) - french utility in gas, nuclear and renewables

Think I offered some decent off the radar stocks so now go do your own research!

1 Like

Palantir might be an interesting choice.

Going to Mars! :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :red_circle:

1 Like

I have a small position in GGP, and it’s a difficult one to hold on to at the moment. It’s movement or direction from where it is currently hovering between 20-25p is currently a coin toss imo.

I’ve also started looking at things like Kraft Heinz as well. It’s had some bad management over the past 4/5 years which has reduced the SP from 96 to around 32, so needs a bit of a shakeup, but ultimately hold IP for some well loved products.

In all seriousness, I believe their next earnings call is on 2nd December so should see the result of that coin toss then.

Best place for stock recommendations: https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/
Get broke or die trying. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Literally one of the best places to look if you’re interested in day trading. They only talk about stocks with high volume and price action each day. It’s a good resource to find out the flavour of the week.