Robin Hood NOT coming to the UK

Just been notified that ROBINHOOD will NOT be opening in the U.K.

More good news for Trading212

9 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Robinhood UK delayed indefinitely

An email I received from today from Robinhood

“Hi there,

We’re saddened to share that we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone our UK launch indefinitely. We’ll be closing our waitlist and taking down our UK website shortly.

The world has changed a lot over the past several months and we’re adapting with it. On a company level, we’ve come to recognise that our efforts are currently best spent on strengthening our core business in the US and making further investments in our foundational systems.

Since we announced our intent to launch in the UK, we’ve been fueled by your excitement for Robinhood and humbled by your response. We’re sorry that we cannot deliver the product we promised you this year.

Although our global expansion plans are on hold for now, we will continue our work to democratise finance for all and we look forward to the day when we can bring this mission to the UK.”

1 Like

So err , all those on Robinhood bandwagon talking trash about t212. Where they gonna head now? :fearful:

7 Likes

We’re saddened to share that we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone our UK launch indefinitely. We’ll be closing our waitlist and taking down our UK website shortly.

The world has changed a lot over the past several months and we’re adapting with it. On a company level, we’ve come to recognise that our efforts are currently best spent on strengthening our core business in the US and making further investments in our foundational systems.

Since we announced our intent to launch in the UK, we’ve been fueled by your excitement for Robinhood and humbled by your response. We’re sorry that we cannot deliver the product we promised you this year.

Although our global expansion plans are on hold for now, we will continue our work to democratise finance for all and we look forward to the day when we can bring this mission to the UK.

2 Likes

Just been notified that ROBINHOOD will NOT be opening in the U.K.

More good news for Trading212

6 Likes

Just got an email from Robinhood and it looks like it’s not gonna happen any time soon, UK waitinglist and website is shutting down apparently. This news is making me happier and happier in regards to my switch from Freetrade to trading 212 earlier this year!

3 Likes

Yeah they’ve just realised what we all know already, T212 rocks and they don’t stand a chance :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

I got the same note Freetrade has just been given a lifeline as it would have been very detrimental to their platform for sure. This is also great news for T212 and I am sure they will pull even more people in to their platform now. Which deserves it as its streaks ahead of the other free option. I imagine their isa transfer teams will be busy now for all the people who had be waiting to see what the best option was outside of freetrade now have a clear choice.

2 Likes

The world has changed over the last couple of months… Trading 212 making strides scaring them away lol

3 Likes

notified by who? source?

You got the power to merge the three Robinhood threads, @CavanHaganInvesting?

1 Like

5 Likes

An email I received from today from Robinhood

“Hi there,

Although our global expansion plans are on hold for now, we will continue our work to democratise finance for all and we look forward to the day when we can bring this mission to the UK.”

2 Likes

Just noticed I’m late to this news lol so if any Admins can fold this post into existing posts / threads - much appreciated!

1 Like

Oh my, the world will collapse, where will all the fomo/wallstreetbets folk go now? :fearful:
Darn

3 Likes

What enough new investors don’t know is they get paid to route orders in a certain direction, which affects the customer.

Some don’t care either, which I guess is fine.

More here:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/robinhood-suspends-uk-launch-103006412.html

2 Likes

I think the majority of them are already here :joy:

3 Likes

Indeed, was waving goodbye in hope. :fearful: