Sale price ***BABA / Alibaba***

They are up nearly 5% premarket today…

Totally agree with you there.

Apple reported earning over $100 billion in a single quarter and it barely moved. Unless the previous 2 weeks $125 to $140 was pricing it in.

It’s frustrating to see the Gamestop and AMC nonsense when my top holdings of profitable stable brilliant businesses reporting great earnings and then barely moving or dropping.

1 Like

Apple historical PE ratio sits at 13.6.

Current PE is at 37. It is already richly priced for future with higher margins due to higher Services revenues.

Revenue for Apple is not an important factor, as the “old” apple had relatively low margins, (low single digits).

So what is happening in last 2 years is optimistic repricing of Apple due to possible higher margins in future.

Just read that Alibaba has agreed to a restructuring plan with Chinese regulators. It all sounds positive to me but i guess we will see what that actually means once they reveal the details…

Yeah we need to keep a lid on all these tech stocks but also AMC & GME,…UK stocks could do with some fresh investors money, just saying :wink:

I guess with UK stocks, you don’t just want fresh investor money, but capital to strengthen their balance sheets(or more orders).

Some nice early moves today, I have a feeling it will be lots of these incremental steps up as western investors more wary as its a Chinese company. I see current levels as a level of about $250 ish for resistance, so unless significant bad news dont think it will go south of there, not sure where next ‘step up might be’ maybe every 8-10% so like $270-280 hopefullyl look to consolidate there next after this $250-260 range.

I wouldnt be surprised if we see it move above $300 and never go below again by end of this year.

1 Like

The IPO needs to happen then we are back in the game! I have heard analysts say that in China as well (CNBC)

Big sale on again for BABA, im too overweight in it personally but would be buying here under $240.’ I am not and haven’t sold any, trading for a crazy discount.

Same here already too much invested, would get more if I could xD

Looks like they want to get rid of Jack Ma. I have to admit, thats concerning. He is a cornerstone of my BABA trading strategy… :confused:

Yeah we will see, however company is still a strong choice if he was cut out completely, but yes would likely short term create headwinds or stock price. In other news ANT CEO has stepped down/been forced out whichever way you see it.

So I suspect there will be time to buy more BABA whilst this ‘restructuring’ goes through, then when dust settles there will be some vent or two which will cause the stock to surge. So I am holding fast.

Nice support level reached today, could not help myself and got more Baba. Is it just me being stupid or is Baba actually both a growth and a value stock (currently)

@Vedran @Hbomb @Hectares

Doubled my holding yesterday. Big risk is due to regulation and government interference but based on the numbers it looks very good.

1 Like

Munger just scooped some up so that’s always a good sign :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yes it is back to being EXTREMELY cheap. I have managed get my $BABA shares down to ‘only’ about 10% of portfolio (more like 11-12% with some ETF exposure) purely by not buying it for a bit but these prices are crazy, went as low as $221 today. I have a feeling if it went <$200 I would have to buy more… I mean right now I don’t seem many value/cheap plays in the market ESPECIALLY not at this size company.

I am keeping an eye on it with my alerts but for those wanting to buy $BABA and not already overweight then $220-$230 zone you cant really go wrong if your plan is at least couple years.

Yep noticed that couple days back, very interesting and made it 19% of that portfolio right off the bat although thats ‘only’ 37 million spent on $BABA.

note: for those reading, its not through BRK its Mungers smaller ‘daily journal’)

1 Like

I already have a position, but I am considering increasing it if it reaches 190 USD per share.

Monday will be interesting, either it goes down (temporarily I would think) if people interpret this as bad. Or it jumps up as people assume that the dust has now settled or the worst is over.

I personally think this is good news as it’s now a decision and fine which is nothing compared to what is ‘priced in’ with this huge drop last few months.

1 Like

If this is all it is and the government don’t do anything more, it’s only a slap on the wrist to be fair, when you look at their cash pile.
If it’s still around $222 on Monday I may pick a bit more.