Sale price ***BABA / Alibaba***

Here is my take on Alibaba
Either management will get replaced or Alibaba.
Anyone that disrespects the CCP is in big sh*t.
No company there is free to be successful with the CCPs blessing.

At the moment Alibaba is being taking apart
In short I’m not touching that stock.

Jack Ma is not Alibaba tho. Wasn’t he disrespecting the government and not Alibaba?

CCP is the government and jack is the founder of Alibaba

CCP have already ordered them to sell off their media division

I know that lol

But Ma was the one criticizing and he is not even involved into day to day management, not even the CEO since long.

The Chinese think differently to us, that all i can say. Diffrent culture diffrent way of thinking.
Why did they pull the ANT IPO…cause of jacks comments.

I disagree, jack ma’s comments were just the tip of the iceberg, the trigger…

There is genuine fear that big tech gets so big you cant control it anymore. Europe and US have same problem. Government is trying to have more control, maybe more so in China. This is not bad per se. Monopolies etc. in the long run are not good anyway… I am pretty sure CCP is reigning in/will reign in not just baba but any big tech…

I am long on Baba, there is some risk for sure, but I am not trading it. I am willing to hold 10+years

2.8 billion dollar fine. Bullish.

I’m only half joking. Lately stocks have been bizarre. I’m frequently seeing bad news shoot up stock value.

2 Likes

I wish I was seeing the same :rofl:

2 Likes

It may signal that the CCP is done for now though to put another spin on it?

It’s been hanging over BABA for a while and may end uncertainty. Until the next time anyways.

1 Like

As I said, its bullish for me as this isn’t bad news in the context. Investing in stocks especially value plays is about times when the price is beaten down beyond a fair discount. 2.8bn is a big number sure, but not for Alibaba, it is single digit % of yearly revenue (based on 2019 let alone this year). Also they have a massive cash pile on hand too.

HK trading ended 6.5% up for BABA, US pre-market is up about 6% as I write. Will be interesting to see how the US market reacts over the day and the week as the HK market knows the strength of the company much more than the irrational US/international investors.

Well there we go. 2.8b dollar fine was bullish afterall :man_shrugging:Madness.

Knew I should have put some more in on Friday at $222, rather than wait til today

Yep, but at $240 ish still very cheap, if you want get some more long term this is good price. At $220-230 was where people who very bullish bought more, $240-250 now after solid news means more bulls are getting on board, then once more news or price hits $270 some neutrals will buy and then the people who hating on BABA right now will buy back $300 plus :smiley:

2 Likes

Here we go again … :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh wow its down to 206$ today

Amazing, need to gather some cash for this

1 Like

Yeah I am fucking out of cash again, this is such a good price imo
Hope it lasts until my next salary

Yep, had to sell some of my profitable investments to free some cash. Bought some at $209 and then at $206. Compared to the generally overpriced market, this dip is a good opportunity.

I’m considering dipping into my emergency fund… the financial independent youtubers would be furious

1 Like

Just for this or in general? Personally some of the dip is a bit of a correction to a more ‘normal’ valuation so I’ve taken a more broader view on topping up.

Oddly enough some of my best performers or more resilient holdings over the past few weeks have been investment trusts that hold some pre ipo investments. It might just be because no one knows how to appreciate their value so those that buy/sell on market sentiment give a wider berth making their prices more stable.

2 Likes