So slow in execution or delays. Fix it please

Which bit do you think is not true in what I said?

The fact that you sold shares on another platform doesnā€™t prove that there were willing buyers for another batch of shares. All you have demonstrated is that there was a willing buyer for the first batch of sharesā€¦

I do, I use mainly institutional platforms and i have my own live feed on Bloomberg and I have a Pitchbook subscription too, ( especially for buyouts, mergers, and bidding wars on public companies)

That said, my wife is not in the same space as I am. ( I own a hedge fund and a hybrid investment firm) and I followed up on T212 for ages and mostly played around with it to benchmark findings.

But for retail side, and for new investors 212 is just not on par with other retail brokers that offer the same.
Not only that, but their constant change on spreads for either account type and limitation to downsize their risk is something I have never encountered on such a massive scale.

This thread doesnā€™t have to turn into a flame war
but like anything else, when a company starts to scale they have to adapt their framework and not launch X amount of fancy features when some of the core issues are not even properly tackled or are ongoing.

As well that 212 is not for professionals, granted that a lot of new people dipping their toes in investing suffer or experience issues when no direct help is offered anymore (live chat for example) which only leads to more frustrations.

A company can scale from 1 to 1 mill clients, but scaling from 1 mill to 5 mill is another level.
Same applies for AUM in any alternate or investment vehicle.

1 Like

I will make a list of findings and assets I am referring too , and send it properly by email over the weekend.

Iā€™m guessing by ā€œeither account typeā€ you are referring to normal CFD account vs pro CFD account? Because of course T212 do not mark-up the spreads on the share-dealing accounts at all.

Live chat is disabled when there is high load on support team I believe, I think its availability is dynamically determined based on availability of agents plus volume of support tickets. Iā€™m sure someone from T212 confirmed that recently here but canā€™t find the thread.

Also, as a hedge fund manager, surely you understand risk management and the problems facing CFD brokers in the current market environment, especially for brokers that hedge 100% of customer exposure? And therefore can understand the reasoning behind changing leverage etc.

I assume weā€™re talking CFD here as the Invest/ISA is raw. I donā€™t touch it, but would probably use CMC if I did. I know T212 have annoyed a lot of customers recently, I donā€™t know how much is to protect the business Vs taking more profits in the changes.

When you say you have your own live feed, do you mean access to the Bloomberg terminal subscription?

The key issue Iā€™ve had is on lower liquidity mostly AIM stocks where Bloomberg has been utter ā– ā– ā– ā– . I spent most of 2020 trying to get T212 to take me seriously. @David has been a star in actually getting Bloomberg to pull their finger out. Itā€™s still not working correctly but at least itā€™s on their radar. They are other things like IPOs and even just when halts resume it can take forever before Bloomberg pulls in the next quote (sometimes hours), whilst WeBull I can see it the second.

As far as trading T212 are mostly just passing the request through IBs API so they are stuck in a difficult place. Thereā€™s the big issue of DMA Vs using MMs too.

Would take potentially year(s) to write their own scripts to the exchanges.

Or if they swapped from having an IB onimbus account then to who?

1 Like

how we explain OTC market is open tickers are working the one not working is this oneā€¦bad news T212 should send a communication to their costumers so people donā€™t get aggravatedā€¦

Suspended with no previous warning, check how US traders are selling and trading thisā€¦you know what have a look in stock twits and go there talking like thisā€¦and you will see how much damage T212 is taking and ho much traders in distress with no information what so ever, send a communication to the traders that is all, that is the ethical way.
that is all a explanation, sincere and objective not you or others playing us around a communication from T212 officially stating the technical issues and all great!!

1 Like

So which is it - was trading suspended (not t212ā€™s fault) or is it a problem with t212ā€™s system?

You were claiming one thing then you seem to be saying something else - what are you actually complaining about?

I really couldnā€™t care less about a load of people on stock twits that donā€™t even understand the basics of how the market worksā€¦

People are trying to help you understand and yet you are not being clear and worse you accuse people of playing around or being wrongā€¦

1 Like

@JAG, Whenever an instrument is suspended for a reason that is known, we always post a trading notice on the platform and even create an article in the help centre. As you can all see, we try to be active here in the community as well, and the majority of the issues are addressed instantly.

Bantec was widely discussed today, but once again - we have not suspended the instrument for trading, nor have we experienced any issues with the platform. IB have confirmed that the liquidity for this instrument had been cut off several times by their providers.

I understand that you are frustrated, however, you have to appreciate the fact that liquidity circumstances surrounding OTC stocks could change rapidly, and it could not always be possible to place a trade as fast as with instruments traded on regulated trading venues.

3 Likes

Good evening Rumen, I understand perfectly your point of view and position as well and appreciate as well your reply not like some of your colleagues or associates, I donā€™t know really who they are, but they are quiet rude and arrogant and is appreciated your time and polite answer, even thought that today at opening I couldnā€™t trade, and a message on the Ticker was showing temporarily suspended for trading, but you know ā€¦yes I lost the opportunity, today the stock didnā€™t perform at all, so basically im kind of attached to the loss and stock against my will.
but again thank you for the your reply and approach, perhaps some of your colleagues could learn a lot from you.

take care and all the best Rumen,

Joao

1 Like

well, I have to say @JAG, you are being plenty rude yourself even when the T212 staff you are insulting are trying to give you an answer you arenā€™t happy with.

you arenā€™t winning yourself any favours acting how you have been so far.

2 Likes

Winning Favors in whatā€¦ in something that I was right and incur in losses and still have to be quietā€¦excuse meā€¦but you know what nothing makes sense for you Gentlemanā€™s, if doesnā€™t go in your way, anyway, I tried to follow a solution, which was not given at all, in regards to information zero to be honest, on the next trading session (Day) upon opening the OTC and the regular market the ticker still suspended, and donā€™t say its not true because unless I smoking something creating me delusional views, but a while after the market open still the message was popping up, the current instrument is suspend, so not after the Ticker start to fade when it was open.
Ok T212 blames on IBK, and in the process your costumers are affectedā€¦what you did about it?? to help and support your costumers or to try to solve further situations, that regularly happen,?
You not here to excuse yourselves with IBK, you need to give solutions to the concerns that you are facing and to make sure they dont reciprocate again, moreā€¦you should at all cost avoid to discuss internal concerns between IBK and T212, blaming in public, instead look for a better alternative to accommodate your traders and account holders.
anyway , I promise you that you will not listen from me at all, from next weekā€¦
Once again highly recommendable that find solutions and proper answers and not excuses would be a good start, beside you know that time of execution on trading is imperative donā€™t you? You know what traders look for easy, fast , reliable and perfect execution time, yes there is more platforms out there nd If Iā€™m not happy I can go, like I listen before, typical excellent costumer serviceā€¦anyway all the best to you and related ones.

Iā€™m not staff, but I guess you missed that. so your rant is rather quite wasted on me.

My understanding of the execution times on 212 is that it is entirely based on the bandwidth of IB and their liquidity.

If that being the case - perhaps 212 can include a note to potential investors of certain stocks on the platform if this information is available on IB - a simple red/amber/green marker based on time the average trade takes to place once the market is open, or how many delays there have been in the past few days/week with IBā€™s liquidity on lower popularity stocks.

If the information is not available from IB, then 212 should have this information on their own end, and could provide this useful information to potential customers looking for lower trading costs on 212 that there may be less liquidity available through the IB linkup?

1 Like

Iā€™ve mentioned something similar previously to @David but I canā€™t remember the answer.

Basically T212 showing the average time between market orders being placed and filled.

Iā€™ve also made another post somewhere about other stats and possibly a way for T212 customers to warn each other about pump and dump scams like BANT.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Possible service disruption