Sort List by price change

Hey there,

i am just curious why i am not able to sort the stocks by price change in the web browser, when i am searching for a new stock. Has the feature been disabled?

regards

2 Likes

Hi @Tilmann, yes the feature was disabled recently because it was causing performance issues. We will bring it back once we optimize it.

4 Likes

Hey @George, when will the feature be back?

1 Like

Unfortunately, we can’t commit to an exact deadline as of yet.

Hello @George any news on the sort by change feature please.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it will have to remain disabled for now.

Hello @George, any update on this, please? Thanks

1 Like

I have always used the Browse All Stocks option and then sorted by PRICE. However, this functionality appears to have been disabled. Is anybody else having the same issue? What is the point of a simple computer list of stocks if it is not possible to sort these by Price or Change%, which are the two column headings which don’t do anything?

Why would you want to search for a stock by price, how is that a useful matrix to identify a worthy stock to invest in?

I have been on to T212 about this over the last two days. They only admitted to me today that it was a decision they have taken without, incidentally, informing any of their clients in advance. It is a ridiculous decision and is causing me to consider going elsewhere. One of the first and easiest things computer technology can do is to make a simple sort of a column of data in ascending and descending order. To remove this functionality is absolutely insane.

We all do things different ways. Given a fixed amount available for investment, I wish to see which shares possibly fall into that budget for further consideration and the way to do that is a simple sort by price. It is practically impossible to identify shares within a certain price range by scrolling through a completely unsorted list and it takes about 10,000 times longer.

How can it possibly cause “performance issues”? One of the first and simplest tasks computer technology performs is to sort a column of numbers into ascending and descending order. To remove this functionality is an absurdly regressive step for T212 and is causing me to look elsewhere.

It makes no sense to do it this way. Share price is completely irrelevant. I would imagine they’ve removed it because of this.

Share price is NOT “completely irrelevant”. What a ridiculous statement. If you have £100 to invest, you need to know that you can only buy three shares of BATS because it’s share price is £33. If you have £20 to invest, you need to know you can’t even buy a whole share of BATS. Or you might want to split your £100 equally between two different shares so you clearly need to find shares which are £50 or under in order to make an investment of at least one share each. You can’t make any of these decisions on what shares you might wish to buy - and then look at them more closely - without first knowing what their price is in comparison with what funds you have available. The way this is achieved is to sort all available shares by price and T212 turning off this basic computer functionality is absolutely absurd.

Why? It is basic computer technology. If you refuse to provide this to your clients then at the very least give us the facility to export your lists to an Exel spreadsheet and we will ask Excel to do the sort by price.

You do know that you can have fractional shares, right?
You can buy a 1€ of Berkshire Hathaway class A, no problems.

Because of this, your focus must be on the quality of the company, and its actual trading price is irrelevant, since you have at your own disposition full control on the fractionality of its equity.

2 Likes

You have still got to buy it and pay for it and know what you are paying for it and don’t forget some are buying for dividends, which is pretty useless if you only own 0.02 of a share.

If a dividend is say 5% yield, it doesn’t matter if that’s 5% of 1 10€ share or 5% of 0.001 10,000€ share…

1 Like

It most certainly does matter if one is reliant on dividend income. Why do you assume everybody invests the same way as you and for the same objectives and with the same levels of funding?

Do the maths. The share price doesn’t matter for the income you get.

1 Like