SPDR MSCI World UCITS ETF

This is relatively new. It is similar to the iShares MSCI World ETF (SWDA) but has a lower TER 0.12%

Bonus point if you add the one listed on LSE that is priced in USD (my base currency).

Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes please add SWLD for Brits :slight_smile:

People invested in SWDA should email info@ishares.co.uk asking them to TER match

1 Like

@lupocos @ukcz SPPW, SWRD, SWLD are all live.

4 Likes

SPDR bang on about total cost of ownership being more than TER (ie liquidity, spread) & I’ve got immediate 0.4% loss despite the stock going up 0.4%!

Anyway, it’s still newish so thanks for suggestions and addition :slight_smile:

??

Post must be at least 20 characters

?

I made an immediate loss of over ÂŁ5 (-0.4%) even though the stock had quickly gone up by 0.4%.

There is a thread on opening losses which I may add to. spdr have stated a cent spread on the € equivalent which implies a possibly significant spread taken by T212 (who are profitable and stated bid-ask as their primary funding).

I’ll look at it more closely before I follow up. I have a couple of others including a near 20% loss but that is because the price data feed is out of date.

Hmm ok yeah I was the one who mentioned some new ETFs immediately going into the red, @David?

@elliottm I can absolutely assure you that there’s no spread markup - none. We don’t fund ourselves via bid/ask markups on equities.
I’ll go through LSE’s books to try & provide evidence that you got the best possible ask price at that exact moment.

4 Likes

It’d be good if this was also fractional :slight_smile: makes it easier to fully switch over from iShares MSCI World

Which of the ETF did you buy into? Was the currency listed as anything other than ££’s?

Also, what T212 stated was that CFDs were the major source of their funding and that there are no hidden charges to any of the implements or charts. Sometimes when you buy at market value you end up out paying the displayed value because that’s what was available to buy and the immediate loss is usually chalked up to the fact you can only sell for less at that time.

The day I bought my first shares in PepsiCo I immediately saw myself fall into the red by roughly 1-2% and it has hovered that far down almost every day since except the few times the value had gone high enough to turn green. The GBP-USD exchange rate strengthened and now even if the share gains 2% the equivalent in ÂŁ after conversion means I still sit at a loss.

for shares, bonds and ETFs that carry low volatility, you will typically enter in the red and spend at least a week before seeing it in the green unless you caught the beginning of an upward trend.

When I bought some shares in the UK dividend ETF I noticed something similar to what you experienced, but it seemed that they do it at the ETF managers end to cover their fees and preserve some funds at their disposal. as the ETF prices are adjusted based on those who are invested in them and then try to match the balance of the market accordingly.

1 Like

I originally chose T212 over FT because you were cheaper.

I’ve recently been informed that there is neither 0.3% fx conversion nor bid-spread (equities) which I’d noted in my original comparison.

Throw in instant deposits/execution and avoiding €5 withdrawal (to debit card) and I’m delighted*! :sunglasses:

*And of course fractional shares and near instant stock requests!

1 Like

This may be slightly useless information now - but I wanted to look into this notion of T212 not providing best execution (which it categorically can not as it would be against UK rules!!) so I demoed a few small trades across a few brokerage platforms and watched a live level 2 trading screen and the trade reporting output that takes place after execution.

I think the results are fairly easy and clear.

On every Freetrade trade I got best execution (dur - of course I did) but I also benefited from the common “price improvement” when routing orders through a RSP. Every Freetrade order executed via the LSE.

On every T212 trade I got best execution (!! surprise - of course I did!!) but I did not get any price improvement and all my trades were routed and executed on the CBOE exchange and execute at exactly the bid or offer depending on my trade

So…all in all… exactly as expected. T212 is meeting the rules. I would have expected noting else. Liquidity across markets varies slightly but - as we all know - fractional diffrences are arbitraged away any way.

So… underwhelming conclusion : Every thing is OK. Carry on. If you want the chance of a price improvement on a liquid stock - maybe got to FT. You’ll save about 2p but pay £1 instant trade. If you can live without the possibility of the market maker giving you a fractionally better price and don’t want to pay £1 instant trade… execute via T212.

2 Likes