Stop and limit didn’t work

Hi there,
I don’t really understand how the stop and limit work if I placed a stop yesterday and the price dropped bellow it but the share wasn’t sold.
I am new here and still practicing so please help.

Real World Example of a Stop-Limit Order

For example, assume that Apple Inc. (AAPL) is trading at $170.00 and an investor wants to buy the stock once it begins to show some serious upward momentum. The investor has put in a stop-limit order to buy with the stop price at $180.00 and the limit price at $185.00. If the price of AAPL moves above the $180.00 stop price, the order is activated and turns into a limit order. As long as the order can be filled under $185.00, which is the limit price, the trade will be filled. If the stock gaps above $185.00, the order will not be filled.

Reason why your order didn’t go is that once stop was triggered, Limit price is never achieved.

I am not sure what you are trying to configure.

But lets say you want to sell if price reaches 13.90$ , willing to sell lowest at 13.50$.

So you would set 13.90$ Stop, 13.50$ Limit. So it would sell stock once 13.90$ is reached, but only if order can be achieved for minimum of 13.50$…

In your case 17.90$ was never reached so sell never occurs.

1 Like

Thank you!
Got it! :+1: