Temporary limits on stock CFDs

The following topic aims to shed some light on a recent decision that will become effective today.

As you know, the market conditions in the past few months have been highlighted by substantial volatility and one-directional price movement for most of the major financial instruments.
In light of this, the opening of long positions with stock CFDs on our platform will be temporarily unavailable. All existing long positions can be reduced or closed by the clients at their own discretion.

You can trade stocks without restrictions through our Invest & ISA services.

By temporary you don’t actually mean temporary by a normal persons expectation.

I remember temporary restrictions on the ftse 3 months ago … and yet I still cannot go long!

3 Likes

I sincerely hope this is the nail in the coffin for any trust that any customers had left for T212.

It certainly is for me. When this calms down I’ll be exiting all my positions and trading/investing elsewhere.

12 Likes

Retail clients getting hit again!

2 Likes

What are you talking about?

When you say all instruments do you mean one?

I’ve been buying and selling all morning with zero issues.

My last buy was twelve minutes ago.

1 Like

It’s in CFD BUY only

All Buy Orders now Disabled for all Instruments

Which is it?

Edit: Seems fine to me in CFD

Some are temporarily set to 0 quantity going long if that’s what you mean. Gold as an example

This part of the forum is for Active Trading which I assume to relate to CFD.

It was temporarily allowing only sells for every instrument.

Hcmc is open, but they won’t put my order through… FREE MARKET MY ARSE!!!

2 Likes

I have been having difficulty in buying this morning, none of my market orders will go through. All queued, despite market being open. Must be a backlog.

Although this is probably not 212’s decision, it definitely feels like someone somewhere is trying to short the markets!

2 Likes

HCMC has awful liquidity and we’re in premarket right now.

I just brought Australia 200

2 Likes

I cant even open the app havent been able to all day! Again!!!

What is the rational? Can’t be volatility as during the covid crash there was more than this and none of this was occurring! Seems like some powerful people are trying to put as much downward pressure on the market by restricting retail buying.

Oh dear, this place is going from bad to worse by the day. When will this be back to normal? Saying it’s “temporary” isn’t much help, is the business in financial distress and is my money at risk? Thanks

god damn. i loved the CFD side of trading. Theres nothing keeping me at trading212 anymore, just waiting for my tastyworks account to be approved now :frowning:

Lol got rid of my position in small small profit yet it sold under hahaha this is absolute utter ridiculousness. What the hell is going on? This is like playing a recently emptied fruit machine down the pub!

I am not able to buy ANY positions on CFD platform … stocks, indices, nothing.

Anyone else able to buy? Why would trading212 stop us from buying when the market is good, doesn’t make sense.

Anyone looking at any other platform?

I am not able to buy ANY positions on CFD platform … stocks, indices, nothing.

Anyone else able to buy? Why would trading212 stop us from buying when the market is good, doesn’t make sense.

Anyone looking at any other platform?

1 Like