Temporary limits on stock CFDs

Buying CFD has been restricted, there was a notification in the platform and it is discussed in multiple threads. No need to start a new thread

2 Likes

Many thanks for the information.
However, could you please specify the time-horizont when this should be resolved?

I was lucky on Silver, got in last night, I see where the ride takes me

I think you can still buy in Gold markets with later expiry dates on CFD, though this doesnā€™t help if your trading with ā€˜normalā€™ Gold - like I am.

This CFD block is crucifying me now. The indices are rising , yet I can do nothing!:tired_face:

1 Like

Yes, I guess we all pile into the Aussie 200!:cowboy_hat_face:

Always wanted to go big on Australia ā€¦ all I know about that market is itā€™s tied to commodities ā€¦ thatā€™s literally all my knowledge

And barbecues mate.

When thereā€™s a big demand for barbecues (spring is coming) expect a strong AUD.

#Smartinvesting

Perfectly valid reason to buy a few contracts ā€¦ basically bbqs and global liquidity is now what I am relying on!

I just saw that I canā€™t trade any stock in the trading account and saw some news from Feb 1 that this is temporary and no explanation given.
When is this restriction going to be lifted? Is T212 itself doing this restriction? Why?
And the header of the news is ā€œTerms and condition changesā€ which makes everything even more confusingā€¦

Trading conditions changes it says. I would assume itā€™s just as itā€™s a change in the trading conditions

Oh, I read that wrong lol.
Anyway, it seems absurd, and the lack of transparency only makes it worse.

T212 is shooting itself in the foot. But whateverā€¦not the only broker around.

2 Likes

Soā€¦any idea about when the limit will be lifted?

At list is could be on indices, as their volatility is reduced compared to any single stockā€¦

Wowā€¦ that is not good at allā€¦