“the maximum remaining quantity for long positions with this instrument is 0”

@Hectares The comment above is inappropriate and offensive, and it was flagged by several community members already. Please consider this to be a final warning. The next flag for similar inappropriate comments will result in a permanent ban for your account.

The community is a place where people can share ideas and constructive feedback. Let’s all maintain the vibe of mutual respect and professional tone, please. :pray:

3 Likes

@Tony.V what are you talking about? abuse your power elsewhere!

LOOK THROUGH MY 4 COMMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN REPORTED!

1 was a comment you removed then rephrased when i stated - sick leave due to mental health of staff.

2 were “BUMP 20 characters” over a space of HOURS… that was deemed spamming, whilst other members do this numerous times.

4th “you can’t reason with stupid, T212 CFD is not fit for purpose”

… how are any of these comments inappropriate, and offensive to whom?

I’M BAFFLED!

“mutual respect and professional tone”, don’t make me laugh, CFD users have been requesting live list of stocks that have margin/leverage reduced and unable to trade in long positions from staff for days, which has been ignored, but you find time to CREATE issues knowing FACTUALLY what i have posted should NEVER warrant a final warning. The cherry picking behaviour is Disgusting.

3 Likes

@Tony.V, can you really argue with this? Consider:

I think these terms hilariously describe 3 disgraceful changes to the platform and, several weeks later, at least the latter 2 are still in place (I can’t comment on the spreads).

@obrienciaran, I’d like to respectfully add the cryptocalypse!

I can’t think of anything good for “the maximum remaining quantity for long positions with this instrument is 0”. Any suggestions? What about “Zero Hour”?

2 Likes

I won’t lie, the “interestocaust” took a minute to come up with. Cryptopocalyse rolls off the tongue. I love it.

Hmm tricky one yes that last one. Zero hour could work.

4 Likes

@David ,as requested previously in message 40 please see screenshot attached, same thing seen again on ISA account

I thought this was only on the CFD side??

it’s a glitch that is affecting some client accounts. T212 are looking into the possible causes so it helps when people let them know if it’s affecting them.

1 Like

Thank you for the update?

Also affected by this message while trying to sell shares in my ISA account.

1 Like

The fix of the maximum remaining quantity for short position is 0 is coming today. In the meantime, you can try to refresh the app or access the web-based platform.

3 Likes

I seem to always get issues when I come to buy/sell. Last time it was the price not being updated. Now this! How was this bug not picked up in your testing?

When will the numerous restrictions on CFD trading be lifted? Is there any end in sight?

3 Likes
1 Like

NIO stock

Currently, no long positions could be opened with NIO Inc. (CFD).

Ho due posizioni “vendi” con uk100 del valore di 100€ perché non posso aprire due posizioni “compra” nonostante due settimane fa potevo farlo? Appare il seguente messaggio :“la quantità massima rimanente per le posizioni lunghe con questo strumento è 0” il valore del mio account è 500€

Translated:

I have two “sell” positions with uk100 worth € 100 why can’t I open two “buy” positions even though I could do it two weeks ago? The following message appears: “the maximum amount remaining for long positions with this instrument is 0” my account value is 500 €

The maximum quantity for long positions with UK 100 (Expiring on 19.03.2021) at the moment is 5 units.

Had this problem twice now for relatively safe bet orders. Once on Apple, and another today on Beyond Meat.

Rant begins

I could understand with Tesla, but these imposed breaker limit up/down on 212 are give it a bad rep, and almost stoke the idea of liquidity rumours etc.

Instead, I’ve had to open positions on alternative brokers who charge larger commissions, therefore meaning to get more out of a trade, a larger position had to be taken, or miss the trade altogether.

FCA are really bending us over a barrel for your average retail trader and brokerage. First leveraging was dialled down, then crypto has completely disappearing for reasons that look as if a child drummed up (ie No need for it?? Don’t understand it??), and now these rules on market volatility.

Just wondering when the workhouses will be reopened once they ban all retail trade in the UK and crush all forms of self-determination and social mobility in the name of “protectionism”.

Rant over

How much of your rant can actually be blamed on the FCA? I know they banned crypto derivatives but they allowed existing positions to be kept open. Isn’t everything else coming from Trading 212, including the decision to close crypto CFDs unnecessarily? Did the FCA impose something with regards to margins?