“the maximum remaining quantity for long positions with this instrument is 0”

A good deal of it can be blamed on the FCA, since they underwrite customer accounts against broker failure provided that the broker is regulated. However, they are directly dictating what products brokers can and cannot provide.

Restrictions on margin accounts:

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-releases/fca-confirms-permanent-restrictions-sale-cfds-and-cfd-options-retail-consumers

Restrictions on Crypto:

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/news-stories/fca-warns-consumers-risks-investments-advertising-high-returns-based-cryptoassets

I was unable to buy any positions on CFD today, tried buying Long positions for Tesla, NIO, Amazon but got a message stating ’ Maximum trading qty for this instrument is 0’

Is anyone else facing the same issue/concern?

It is really strange that in current market situation when its good time to go long, we are not allowed to trade.

It’s been an ongoing issue with certain stocks

1 Like

I tried also to buy some long CFD positions in several momentum stock’s and got the same message! Only shorting was allowed!

1 Like

It’s not an intermittent problem; it’s not been possible to long any of the major stocks for at least 2 months.

1 Like

crazy, even Indices can not be bought… it is risk protection for the client again… ??? this after the app crashing two days back and not letting me bring additional fund transfers to avoid margin call and I lost all the money?

The last few days… has given me my long awaited answer.

Thank you

Why has t212 restricted the ability to buy silver cfd’s. Sells open buys restricted.?

Bump
I want to know why I can’t buy silver please. Before I find a platform that does allow me to.

We have discussed this within other threads, but I will reply here as well - the maximum trading quantities of all CFD instruments are dynamic and reflect our current market risk evaluation. As a regulated company, we have to be in tune with the regulatory requirements for capital adequacy and market exposure.

Should have got your referral link

I’ll have a referral link please

1 Like

I’d like a referral link too please.

1 Like

I’m not even sure why my post was flagged. I simply stated that another platform had a nice interface\GUI and it had tradable stocks.

Imagine that, a platform with a nice GUI and allows you to trade with no restrictions. Sounds amazing. I think they’ve got the basic concepts correct.

When I first joined this community other platforms were discussed and compared freely.

1 Like

You’re right - let me bring back the post and remove the flag.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Healthier Choices Management Corp. (HCMC)

Can someone from trading212 comment on why the restrictions on long for QQ? Can’t buy one more but can always short.

It wasn’t listed as one of our volatile stocks…

Update on this would be welcome.

AndrewSheath

Can anyone from Trading212 update please?

As explained earlier in the thread

Why are Short CFD positions on GME restricted again? Why is it one day ok, then the other day restricted again. Why is there no consistency and why are T212 Customers on the CFD treated like they dont exist?