UK Non ISA Savings interest rates

I don’t know if there’s been a similar thread but how much interest rate are you currently getting on your savings account and which FCA regulated FSCS bank or institution are you using?

All ideas and opinion welcomed :+1:

1 Like

Good idea for a thread as a moving target.

RBS Digital Savings 3.75%
Virgin Money 2%

1 Like

Some media pundit thinks peor are pulling out of the stock market due to interest rate rises on savings accounts?

I wonder if that’s true or there’s an element of truth to it?

Ford money rates keep rising on their fixed accounts 1yr/2yr.3yr.
Their flexible saver just went 1.54–>1.75% (monthly instant access).
They aint beating your RBS digital above but not that far off.

I use Chase 1.5% and Monzo/Shawbrooks 1.55%

I know they’re not industry leading, but I’m waiting for an eye catching rate before I shuffle on.

If you are interested There are a few threads in Money Saving Expert Forum which are kept updated regularly.

This one is maintained by MSE. Butt it is not updated very often
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest/

This one updated regularly by MSE forum members. MSEs staffs writers can not beat thousand of eye catching eagles watching the best saving rates. Here are the link to the forum

Also do not forget you could drip-feed some of the money to a RSA which are paying a higher interest rate., Some of them are easy access which could easily deployed to the equity or other assets when needed.
This is a forum regarding Regular Saving Accounts

1 Like

Al-Rayan Everyday Saver account is now paying 2.10%. They call it expected profit, but for the savers it is the same with interestrate. It is an instant access for the balance of over ÂŁ5,000+ and they keep reviewing it. When other saving providers try to beat them Al-rayan will increase their rate in just a matter of days to stay on the top. I have observed this happened since about two months ago. They have done that at least three times. This is good if you do not want to open, switch to a new account every time a better rate come in the market.

But I am not here to promote Al-Rayan or savings in general. People should DYOR and determine which one is suitable to them.

Barclays Rainy Day Saver – Max £5k (need its current account) premium Acc with added benefits £5/pm

5.12% - keep it coming

1 Like

I believe you need to have direct debits also?

My cash is in an easy access account with Atom that pays 1.9%.

Tempted by Barclays but can’t be bothered to jump through hoops to open an account, especially when the rate’s limited to £5k.

1 Like

Anybody understands Nationwide 1 Year Fixed Rate Online Bond 4.00%, how is this different from normal bonds where the value can go up and down?

Am clueless about bonds tbh

Santander’s now offering 2.75% for 12 months on up to £250k. However, the easy access account is only available until November 1 or sooner if it sells out:

1 Like

Nationwide have some good 1+ year fixes at the moment.

1 Year 4%
2 Year 4.6%
3 Year 4.75%

Edit:

Cahoot dropped in a

2 year at 4.7%
3 year at 4.8%

Aldermore in at 4.35% on a 1 year.

2 Likes

It’s interesting how quickly these deals gets pulled to avoid over subscribing - make hay while the sun shines

1 Like

1 Like

We have temporarily paused savings applications
We have experienced high demand for our savings accounts today (18 October 2022). As a result, we have taken the decision to temporarily pause new applications. This will ensure we can deliver a good service to customers.

My point in my previous post that these savings products are quickly withdrawn as soon there reach the desired amount of cash, hence it’s best to act quickly as they are advertised - Santander easy access already withdrawn

Timing can be everything - Bank of England MPC dates

So with UK interest rates rising, has anyone considered Stoozing again?

I’m tempted to slow stooze with easy access accounts being around 2.5%, just not convinced I would make enough for it to be worthwhile.

5k at 2.5% is only ÂŁ125 after all, but then still free money.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/stooze-cash-credit-cards/

2 Likes

I didn´t even realise this could be done, but it makes sense.
Has anyone done it successfully in the past and what interest did you make?

1 Like

I feel like I missed out on stoozing back in the day. It hasn’t really been worthwhile since pre-2008. If/when base rates hit 5%, I’ll start doing it.

1 Like