1 LIMIT Buy Order = 2 Settlement Prices?

Yesterday I had made 1 LIMIT Buy Order but T212 shows 2 different settlement prices.

A) In notifications, history and T212 email Account Activity statement PDF shows Price = 139.904:

B) But in Portfolio panel, Instrument panel and graph shows Price = 139.92000:

→ Question 1: So what is the correct price? Remember that I made a LIMIT Buy Order of 139.907, so price order shouldn’t higher than that, as shown in some T212 places as 139.920. Also instrument price didn’t reach the 139.920 price at the time of order made or afterwards.

→ Question 2: As price as moved after the order, yesterday and today, the computer and mobile T212 platforms both show no movement in “Result” (0.00€) and “Return” (0%)as shown in image above of the Instrument panel and image below of Portfolio panel. According to T212 actual prices, there would be -0,006% return, as T212 has only 2 decimals, it should appear as -0.01%. Could this be a T212 technical bug?

PS: It’s appears in both T212 platforms, Computer and mobile.

Also there are sometimes in other orders, different prices between the Notifications/History/T212 email Account Activity statement PDFs and the prices shown in the Portfolio panel. It’s not always, but it happens.

And I’m not talking about the several positions of the same stock/ETF, because it’s shows the average price of all the buy orders on the Portfolio panel.

Hey, @RLX :wave:

I’ve checked this in detail and can confirm that the correct price of the fill is 139.904 EUR. As you purchased 0.25 shares, we multiply by the fill price of 139.904 EUR and get a total price of 34.976 EUR, which is rounded to 34.98 EUR by the system.

The system takes the rounded value and divides it by the number of purchased shares or 34.98 EUR / 0.25 shares =139.92 EUR, hence why you see 139.920 EUR as the average price in the portfolio panel.

This is only a visual discrepancy due to the rounding of the fractional shares, and the result of the position is not impacted in any way by this. Also, there is no FX Impact to consider in your case, so I can confirm that the result didn’t change since the price movement itself was too low. The calculation for the result change based on the current quote would look this way:

(0.25 shares * 139.909 EUR average price) - (0.25 shares * 139.904 EUR current price) = A change of 0.001 EUR.

1 Like

First of all, thanks for the quick answer.

Besides the portfolio panel, it also impacts the graphs, as it shows the wrong price in the graphs. As you mention, it is only a visual discrepancy, but it can induce us in error if we aren’t watchful.

I totally get your point, and this will definitely be looked into in more detail. Thanks for notifying us :pray:

1 Like