+25.4% in the last 4 months

I’m not an expert trader nor an investor. I work in marketing.
I opened my T212 account on Jan 23rd this year to check it out, I’ve deposited €700 same day and started to buy companies “I like” not based on any fundamental nor technical research.

Fast forward to June 2020, I’ve made gains that encouraged me to deposit more savings into T212. I’ve learned a lot, still not an expert, made several mistakes, read and researched a lot and happy to share knowledge and answering questions.

1 Like

I’m up +35.5% in a similar timeframe. Those that held and kept investing (dollar cost averaging) rather than hoard cash will have by and large come out unscathed by the dip and even have some juicy returns for taking on that risk.

Which stocks/shares did you invest in the last 4 months?

1 Like

That’s very true, at the time of the great dip I was down -50% :scream: :scream: but I didn’t sell, and kept enhancing my positions, which helped a lot when the market recovered.

I trade mainly in the US market, reinvesting all gains, my positions are between 1 night to a week or so, and very few day trades, here is the list of the stocks I traded

AAPL
AMZN
FB
INTC
MSFT
SNAP
TSLA
BYND
AMD
GOOS
PINS
TWTR
MCO
SHOP
SQ
WMT
SPCE
ABT
MRNA
W
GILD
REGN
ETSY
TTD
FSLY
PYPL
JD
TGT
PTON
BBY
HD
QCOM

3 Likes

Well done :clap:

Solid portfolio :moneybag:

1 Like

It is nice to look at but I am aware the entire stock market is up very bullish. Once the dust settles there will be Red everywhere. Companies are going to have to start paying there Debt.

1 Like

.51% here 1533.82 on £3,000

@Sekurei lol you might wanna invest with a isa otherwise your gonna get hit with tax

2 Likes

I regret not doing that lol. But I do not plan on withdrawing for over 10 years. Will hopefully have a good dividend income by then.

2 Likes

@Sekurei np. Any future investment you make you wanna stick it in the ISA I’ve transfered all mine into the ISA as I too made the same mistake xD, GL btw :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m now thinking more of mid to long term trades, where dividends can make an impact, but I realize it’s not as opportunistic like the current market condition. high risk = high rewards

Totally agree now is the time for more risk. Some stocks I own now called off or reduced there dividends. Good time for me to buy them

Agree. I made the same mistake. When I realised I stopped investment in Invest until I’d maxed out the allowance. Just keeping an eye on that one now but growing nicely with no stock concerns. Maybe Netflix but expect them to return to where they were at some point.

After hitting the limit I then went back to Invest.

Folk definitely need to be promoting the ISA more. Especially to newbies. Some of these guys are young so could be building a ripe old tax free pot. @MrGardner @PiggyBankSaver take note.