Add Trailing Stop Loss To Invest

And here I thought proper risk management was knowing the company well enough to not have to rely on stops or other automated means of making investment decisions.

1 Like

You can still do DD on volatile stocks, the trailing stop is super useful on swing plays with having to manually keep moving it up to follow. I donā€™t like seeing that Iā€™ve stepped away from looking at my phone for a couple hours that it peaked and dropped and the trailing stop would have got me way more profit.

Sure if Iā€™m picking sensible long term stocks then trailing stop loss has less use, if at all, but could still come in handy for some. Everyone trades differently, Iā€™m all for it. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

@Dao i studied market nature for yearsā€¦ so i donĀ“t need to know the company very well perse, but still risk managment is still aquired even if i know every step on the makretā€¦ at the end of the day im still human, so i can make tiny error which prevents me from a big loss

2 Likes

I understand it now haha it took me for a while because the stop loss works diffrent on forex.
So for the guys who didnā€™t figure out.

Letā€™s say you bought 10 shares at price of 15$ and you want your stoploss at 13$.
so you click sell on your position/trade and then move to the tab stop. you fill in 10 shares. then you fill the in the price of 13$. so your order is pendingā€¦ so when the price reaches 13$ the pending order gets triggeredā€¦ so that means that your position will close at that price !

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t necessarily sell at that specific price but it should be near to that price unless itā€™s either falling fast or it gap downs on open. It could also just touch the $13 to trigger and go back up so buy the time the order executes you could get more. The stop is just a trigger point for a market buy at the best price going.

And a stop limit instead could trigger still at say $13 and allows you to enter a minimum say $11. That should mean you will always get $11 per share as a worst case. The only time that you wouldnā€™t get a sell at all is if it then jumped from above $13 to below $11 in one move and stayed below $11 (you would only get it executed if it came back up at or above $11)

1 Like

if there was trailing stop feature on Invest, Iā€™d finally switch from demo to money accountā€¦

I find it hilarious anyone would think a suggestion or a feature that could be assistance for someone is a bad thing. Having the feature wouldnā€™t mean you are forced to use it so chill.

When will this happen?

When are we going to have trailing stop loss on invest. Its really very much needed.
Would be very appreciated if it is included.

1 Like

@David Or any other 212 representative, can you give us an update when this feature will be implemented

Well my portfolio has taken a beating in this correction left to hold the bag now due to no trailing stop loss!

wouldnā€™t a trailing stop loss only really be effective if out of trading hours were also available?

Dear @David

Many people loss their money in Invest/ISA account because the bad risk management (without Stop loss) in these two type accounts! Please find a solution for that as soon as possible.

Thank you

Is this going to be added ever ?

Hey :wave:,

As of the moment, we do not have plans to add it anytime soon. Of course, if anything changes, youā€™ll be the first one to know.

I use EToro for a lot of my funds simply because it has this feature. I would prefer those funds to be in T212 and a lot of what I fund in T212 is in AIM which is not on EToro as a consequence.

Thanks for the update! Is there a specific reason for this?

For example:

• Technically challenging so the ROI for T212 doesnā€™t make the development / maintenance worth it?
  • Limitations of the integration with IB which wouldnā€™t make this possible?
  • Commercial implications so a business decision has been made to never consider it?
  • etcā€¦

This is a very useful feature and one that I would like to see become available for the Invest and ISA accounts. This feature is even more important to me than features like social pies.

1 Like

We see why this is important for you, however, the order type does not fit into the concept for our ISA/Invest services at the moment. If there are updates, weā€™ll share them with you. :v:

Thanks for the feedback!

What is the concept for the ISA/Invest services? Is this documented anywhere?

I think if we know what the goal / general idea / objective behind these services is for T212, itā€™ll help set expectations.

4 Likes

Yes please ! For stocks and isa account as well

1 Like