All Things ARK + Requests

Looking at it now, tired and hungover, that KID is weird. It is just made up by Banco Invest, no? It contains no details Iā€™d expect. For one, it should be a KIID not a KID, but mainly the fees section is weird. I didnā€™t even see an Isin to identify the product.

Butā€¦ yesā€¦ good spot and reasoning.

Yet (so far) this changes nothing for me. I would not personally say any U.K. based broker would use a document like that to box tick the regulations and provide that etf. I explored producing kiids in house and legal advice was ā€˜noā€™. Banco Invest legally have an obligation to produce the kiids in all 16 European languages now! Wonder if they know!

Iā€™ll keep on researching. But no, this doesnā€™t seem to be the game changer everyoneā€™s hoping for.

Yes, these generic KID were done by the bank that sales ARK ETFs. That KID is used for all US ETFs that donā€™t have original KID. I know some people from that bank who sold also ARK ETFs to their customers.

The Portuguese financial regulator (CMVM) only demands KIID, KID and Prospects in the national language, Portuguese. If the banks accepts foreign costumers, they obliged to give English translated documentation.

CMVM PRIIPs FAQ (Portuguese language) : Q&A 5-15 (ā€œDIFā€ <=> ā€œKIDā€ ) - https://www.cmvm.pt/pt/AreadoInvestidor/Faq/Pages/faqs_priips_invest.aspx

But I give more food for thought:

Using your excellent database from Trading 212 (28/Dec/2020), I did some data mining and found the following:

EXCHANGE ETF
NASDAQ 4
NYSE 50
Total 54

Examples:

ISIN TICKER NAME Ā£$ MIN QTY EXCHANGE TYPE
US4642882819 EMB iShares J.P. M. USD Emerging Markets Bond ETF USD 2 NASDAQ ETF
US78463V1070 GLD SPDR Gold USD 2 NYSE ETF
US4642885135 HYG i iBoxx $ HY Corporate Bond USD 2 NYSE ETF
US4642851053 IAU iShares Gold Trust ETF USD 2 NYSE ETF
US46428Q1094 SLV iShares Silver Trust ETF USD 2 NYSE ETF
US9123183009 UNG United States Natural Gas Fund USD 2 NYSE ETF
US91232N1081 USO United States Oil Fund USD 7 NYSE ETF
US9229085538 VNQ Vanguard REIT USD 2 NYSE ETF
US81369Y3080 XLP Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR USD 2 NYSE ETF

So Trading 212 have 54 US-domicilied ETFs on their database, but donā€™t show up on the platform. It could have been sold before or are sold on some accounts? Did these ETFs had KIDs? :thinking:

Looked into doing that in the UK many times. Legal advise and Compliance advice was ā€œtoo riskyā€. Thatā€™s NOT my opinion nor IS my opinion. I wanted to. But greater powers said no.

Excellent. But is NOT the case Europe wide. Why? I dunno. ā€œShouldā€ the manufacturer create a KID in 16 Euro languages. YES. Itā€™s in the regulations. Again, not my choice. Not my opinion.

No. They wonā€™t have KIDs. They also, as yo say, donā€™t show up if you search for them in app. So I GUESS they are either errors, for sophisticated traders only, CFDs, something else or something else. Either way, not an issue if not sold to non-accredited Euro clients without a KID pre-sale. (unlike some platforms that have made a few errors and do sell in this manner, whoops!)

There are only 3 real options here (to trade the real ETF , not a derivative). 1: European/UK Law change. Possible, yes. Likely, not soon. 2: T212 Compliance Dept get really brave and manufacture a KID themselves and see what happens. 3: ARK sets up a Euro branch (Like GlobalX did), produce a KID and legitimately sell here to non-accredited Euros.

Can you add ARK Innovation ETF (ARKK). Thx

By using the search facility you will see that this ETF has already been requested many times and learn why it cannot be added.

2 Likes

Makes senses, something popped up on submittingā€¦ it list ARKK - but only noted 15d ago

The EU hasnā€™t changed its regulations in the last 15 days.

4 Likes

can you add some ARK ETFs please

1 Like

https://community.trading212.com/search?q=ARK

4 Likes

ARK ETFs are not UCITS compliant and cannot be traded in EU.
You have the PIE variant with no management fee:

1 Like

As an obvious crowd-favourite, ARK Disruptive Innovation (ARKK) is now available for trading in Europe and Singapore.

It is the only UCITS ETF from Ark Invest at the moment.

It is not yet available in its UCITS format on InteractiveBroker.

Just dropping this here :smile:

3 Likes

Why have they chosen this one to make UCITS?

ARKK is the one with largest amount of assets under management. Ie most popular. It is as big as all the others combined.

Just my guess, but ARKK is the most popular, with more than $8B AUM.

Others funds have $2B (ARKG and ARKW) and $600M (ARKQ and ARKF) AUM.

It may suggest that other ETFs could become UCITS in the near future as well.

https://ark-invest.com/ucits/

As a side note, Ark Invest is planning a new Mobility-as-a-Service ETF
https://ark-invest.com/strategy/mobility-as-a-service/

Actually $17.2B AUM

1 Like

Oh, my bad? Ark Invest website mentions $8.9B on the ETF information page.

Not sure. I took a table off etf.com. Hard to know which is most up to date.

1 Like

finally. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :joy: no more cursed ARK requests

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly :rofl:

That ā€˜UCITSā€™ tick has been on the ARKK website for ages. Itā€™s orange as opposed to green ā€¦ ie, somethings not fully correct. Then it links you to NikkoAMā€¦ and you can buy Nikkoā€™s fund if your professional or institutional but not retail.

There is no change here. ARKK has always confusingly been ticked as UCITSā€¦ which is misleadingā€¦ it isā€¦ but only in the Nikko variantā€¦ that you probably canā€™t buy (easily)

Stick with your pies for now ā€¦ donā€™t fixate on the fractional percentage holding changesā€¦ thatā€™s price fluctuations, not always ARKs ā€˜choiceā€™ to make an underlying asset % changeā€¦

1 Like