All Things ARK + Requests

Iā€™ve just noted that etoro has added a few etfs from ark invest. So, it means that these funds are now available for European citizens. Any chance we will see them soon
on trading212?

3 Likes

I could be wrong but I think Iā€™m right in saying that with eToro you donā€™t own the underlying asset because itā€™s some sort of CFD, which is probably why it can offer VOO etc in the EU.

Why is everybody so crazy to get Ark?

Why donā€™t you buy some Scottish Mortgage Trust or US Growth Trust? They are just as autistic as Ark.

1 Like

Is this a typo? :no_mouth: I canā€™t think of what the word could be :grimacing:

Itā€™s from WallStreetBets. They use it to describe yolo-ing / taking risky bets in growth stocks etc.

For example hereā€™s their version of the hall of fame. The ā€œHall of Autistsā€

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/dsaet3/hall_of_autists/

1 Like

Dear god, some guy on there lost 1.3m. Thatā€™s got to hurt.

1 Like

I guess if youā€™re using it in that respect it may meet community guidelines :thinking::zipper_mouth_face:

Did the loose money with Arkinvest funds?

Because up to now Ark has performed way better

Iā€™m surprised you havenā€™t come across the term. Maybe Iā€™m living in my own wallstreebets bubble. Apologies, let me rephrase my comment for the OP and others.

Why donā€™t you invest in Scottish Mortage Trust or US Growth Trust? Itā€™s almost the same thing. They favour high-tech growth stocks. Some of their holdings might be a bit risky. For example they hold NIO, and their biggest holding is Tesla.

2 Likes

I donā€™t use Reddit tbh, but of course Iā€™ve heard of wallstreetbets

1 Like

Well understood. But I was thinking to differentiate by investing in Ark finance and Ark genomic, not in the main Ark one because Iā€™ve already some exposure in their main stocks as Teslaā€¦

Youā€™re right it would be good to get into Ark Genomic. Iā€™ve no idea if thereā€™s an equivalent fund this side of the water.

Why donā€™t you ā€œinvestā€ in in Ark via those Etoro CFDs? Iā€™m sure the returns would cover any fees if it keeps growing at its current rate.

@mmaatt78 What about something like this for the time being?

Or this:

Or this:

To be honest I like the narrative around Katie Wood. Iā€™ve been following her for a while and Iā€™m intrigued by the investing philosophy of this lady. Probably I will be wrong and loose all my money since they say not to invest for the narrative but for the fundamentals of the companiesā€¦

Etoro deals in dollars.
I believe stake has a similar set up and they get away with it this way.

1 Like

Hi Paul, glad to hear from you, Iā€™m a big fan of your videos. Please see some more infos on Ark on Etoro here:

Iā€™m now thinking to open an account on etoro for bitcoin (as you did) and for Arkā€¦

I kind of want to stay out of this one. Iā€™m not completely sure itā€™s legal.

Well, if Etoro put it on sale, I doubt itā€™s illegal: I think that companies like Etoro (as well as Trading212) have legal advisors that scrutiny all their actions.
By the way, might this be the topic of a your new video?

Yeah I think itā€™s just not something I want to go near yet.

Youā€™d think that, Iā€™ve never heard of s massive financial company with legal advisors ever getting fined for breaking the rules.

1 Like

Paul, Iā€™ve just noted that Ark Innovation is also traded in London Stock Exchange:

it might be that something has changed and that now UK and EU investors can buy these etf? So, the fact that it has just arrived on Etoro might not be a coincidenceā€¦ or am I missing something?