All Things ARK + Requests

Intelligent move from Trading 212, for those you want to access the Ark ETFs and even for those who want to short the Ark ETFs.

1 Like

Yes, these ETFs are restricted on Invest/ISA but thatā€™s not the case with CFDs. @vvsvin @RLX

Hi @Davidā€¦ sorry if youā€™ve answered this elsewhereā€¦ but does this mean we are not getting the Ark ETFs on the Invest accounts?

Nevermind, saw the answer elsewhere that it canā€™t be added because they are not UCITS compliant

I know that without a KIID/KIID, the non-UCITS complaint US ETFs can not be sold on European soil.

I was praising Trading 212 for being intelligent and offering a product other competitors donā€™t offer, giving this way the possibility to itā€™s customers to have exposure to Ark ETFs.

Trading 212 offering special products to make itself an innovative and relevant player.

1 Like

Please add ARKB to T212 when it is approved. Thank you

1 Like

Do you have any link to provide details of this - google doesnā€™t seem to suggest its UCITS compliant which means it cant be sold to European investors.

Iā€™m assuming itā€™s the CFD thing 212 did the other month.

• When it will be approved? (It was filled very recently, and the SEC processes take sometime to decide.)

• Do you know if they will be approved? US SEC have rejected all Crypto ETFs proposals.

ARKB is now the twelfth bitcoin ETF filing with the SEC which is still yet to make a decision on whether to approve the structure.

• And if US SEC approve this ETF, they canā€™t be added in T212 because itā€™s an US domiciled ETF, so T212 is unable to add it, due to it not being an UCITS ETF as all the other Ark ETFs.

• The ARKB is the US version of 21Shares Bitcoin ETP (Ark Cathie Wood is a new shareholder of 21Shares holding company), and 21Shares ETPs (and all the crypto derivatives, including ETNs/ETPs, from all issuers) were banned by FCA in January/2021 for retail investors.

Bottom-line: Donā€™t expect the ARKB to be added to T212.

1 Like

$12 to withdraw anything from them mind!

So far several investment banks in Europe have being offering US domiciled ETFs for some couple of years, including Ark ETFs, and I didnā€™t saw any problem with them. I know several retail customers with Ark ETFs.

Maybe itā€™s an another consumer over protection made by FCA, as it did with the crypto ETNs last January, that are available for retail investors across continental Europe in many brokers and that are listed in several stock exchanges.

For the ETPs issuers, the rigid regulation of UK, could again offer an innovation opportunity, as it did with NIO not being ISA eligible, with the creation of US domiciled ETFs backed ETPs. E.g. Ark ETFs backed ETPs. :wink:

1 Like

Gotrade is a trading name of TR8 Securities Inc., which is a securities licensee licensed by the Labuan Financial Services Authority.

Regulated by Malaysian authoritiesā€¦

Gotrade have APIs from Alpaca Securities LLC (US regulated) to be able to offer US stocks.

So no European regulators or FCA arenā€™t involved.

Alpaca is the short name for Alpaca Securities LLC, Gotradeā€™s appointed clearing broker and custodian. This is where your funds and stocks will be held.

https://intercom.help/heygotrade/en/articles/4764511-who-is-alpaca

1 Like

But UK residents can go to foreign platforms? And buy what they want? For example, crypto ETNs.

Continental Europeans canā€™t buy UK Investment Trusts or UK open-ended funds (OEICs/Unit Trusts), due they arenā€™t authorized, but guess what, they can. :wink:

PS: I still didnā€™t see any KID/KIID/prospectus or any other documentation in the T212 ITs/ETFs/ETPs

IBKR UK offers US domiciled ETFs, including Ark ETFs and its PRIIPS KID (EU legislation).

https://misc.interactivebrokers.com/cstools/contract_info/v3.10/index.php?action=Conid Info&wlId=IB&conid=352320856&lang=en&ib_entity=

1 Like

Yes, they offer. But if you try to buy you will probably get a popup message ā€œContract is not available for trading.ā€ US clients would not see that popup.

2 Likes

Can you see if their KID link works?

Itā€™s weird having a PRIIPS KID (an EU legislation) if they donā€™t offer that in EU.

Or maybe they only offer that for some types of investors (sophisticated/professional, institutional), besides the US or non-European investors.

The IBKR Europe (Luxembourg) also have US domiciled ETFs (including Ark ETFs), so itā€™s also for European (EU) investors:

https://www.interactivebrokers.eu/en/index.php?f=2222&exch=bex&showcategories=&p=&cc=&limit=100&pae=24

Clicking on their link gives ā€œKID/KIID Not Availableā€

1 Like

You know youā€™ve made it when they start making ETFs to short your fundā€¦

4 Likes

"Donaldo_Duckarelli
I know what ARK is and does.
But you canā€™t buy it in the EU, how are people not finding this info?"

I am in Europe and I could buy ARK Funds on a different platform without incurring an overnight fee and/or weekend fee.

Thatā€™s great. Theyā€™ll get found out eventually.

Unless itā€™s eToro. Thatā€™s a CFD.

3 Likes