Anyone else think Aston Martin is being overlooked?

I love the brand but as company, it’s a Titanic :ship:

I think titanic is a bit harsh!! So you say the ice is a head for AM??? Hope not… I ready do. :thinking:

Bet they wouldn’t say that about the titanic now seen as the royalties alone would build it 100 times over

Probably need to use a less famous analogy next time

Just seen the fotley mool has listed it as a don’t buy so must be worth buying :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well if they have listed it, it worth thinking about then.

Thinking about buying yes, I think I’m happy to carry on buying for now.

Currently the share price is up 30% on the month

They currently only have a very cool niche product purchased only by the few. If they start looking at the masses, then imo they will start to lose that niche.

That being said the F1 team might have some cool merch.

Better to buy some more toilet roll for the next lock down. When the shops run out, you can sell it at a premium, if not, then you’ll have a product that will be useful for the rest of your life, and you’ll save money in the long term by cutting out any future inflation.

I love the way you talk about a niche cool product like its been here since 2012, Aston Martin is over 100 years old? Ferrari is also a niche cool product its just been managed better until now.
You dont have to mass produce something to make it profitable, you have to build demand and with that comes the premium prices.

I think your better off saving the toilet roll for your future posts, it takes a lot to mop up all the bull@$%/

1 Like

Well clearly not a singular product but there is a balance between supply and demand. It is clearly mis management of the brand that have got them to where they are. The debt pile as well is also a hinderance. I do hope they turn things around, but its a long road.

Have a sensible discussion, disagree with different opinions by all means, but be respectful please.

3 Likes

Just wondering how many bond films it will take to keep this brand alive.
If bond suddenly stopped being produced, do you think this brand will hold up many years after?

Aston doesn’t hit any of the top figures, so for the clients that have the cash to spend on one, it’s only selling feature is the brand, because like for like comparisons on other high end sports cars have it beat in every way.

10 years, Aston as a brand may be dead like the franchise ? Who knows.

Like comparing investing in Aston Martin to stockpiling toilet roll is “being respectful” nice one :+1:

I’m not sure being the fastest car makes it the most appealing otherwise everyone would be driving one model of one make of car, its about the desirability.
Ferrari, lamborghini, porsche get blasted by tesla and no one cares!

Doesn’t matter if you have the most desirable car if the company is losing money. AM has gone pretty much bust several times hence the massive bailout required from Stroll.

The new management seems to be doing ok but whether they can solve some of the historical problems is probably too early to tell.

1 Like

Every year they are fighting to survive, is a year they are not fighting to thrive.

It just seems to me that Aston used to be leaders of the pack, but now are struggling just to keep up.
Shame, it’s a nice iconic car that would be missed if it were gone.

Sorry but are you saying the James Bond franchise is dead? I’m confused

Not dead no, but there is only so many more movie spin offs they are going to make.
Not dead now, but in 5-10 years, I wouldn’t be shocked to see it gone.

So 55 years of bond and you estimate it will only take 5-10 more years to bring down one of the largest movie franchises in history?