Anyone else think Aston Martin is being overlooked?

Yes, to be frank about things.

Id be happy to have a wager with you on that

Lol :slight_smile:
I only say it because of how things have changed.
Earlier in the year it was all talk that bond was going to be replaced with a female lead which is black, (I now think this is his sidekick in the new film).

Bond isnā€™t the normal stereotypical bond he was ā€¦ and same for the cast.
In this politically correct BS world we are in, I donā€™t honestly know how well it will hold up as a brand.
Some things are best left alone and in regard to the Bond franchise, I feel itā€™s showing itā€™s age a little.

Now what happens if they drop Aston in favour of Jaguar ? Would it help to kill AM or Bond.

I dunno, there is only so much a franchise can carry on for.

They wonā€™t drop Aston for Jaguar :rofl::rofl: where would that leave the 60ā€™s films.
If they plan to have a spin off surely thatā€™s more films and more profits not the end of the ā€œbrandā€.
So they want to use a black lead so? Black panther didnā€™t seem to do so bad :smile:
I agree James Bond should stay as is but the spin off is a real opening imo, not all secret British agents are white

They said the same before skyfall apparently that didnā€™t stand a chance at the box officeā€¦

As long as James Bond stays as James Bond, not Jamiqua Bond LBTQXYZ ā€¦ then iā€™m happy :rofl:

Spins offs would be cool though, especially from the villains side.

1 Like

Donā€™t blame you at all but times are changing it doesnā€™t make the film any different. I bet youā€™d be OK if James Bond shacks up with a black lead female and the mini Bond was black though? Future Bond and all that

Star wars was dead a while back a bit like Aston but its surprising how much power a brand has

Swings and roundabouts really.

As long as the Bond remains white as per the book series laid out, then itā€™s still Bond.

As for going to Jaguar, I bet if hard times hit AM, they would drop AM for Jag in a heart beat.
Wasnā€™t it the last film that they used an old AM instead of a new one? Canā€™t rememberā€¦

Theyā€™d just use the old Aston Martin cars for nostalgiaā€¦ Johnny English style

Jaguar is too main stream for the character hence why they are used for the chauffeur scenes only

Time will tell. I bet you a hypothetical beer that in 10 years itā€™s gone. :wink:

12-of-james-bonds-funniest-and-most-memorable-one-liners-136401225367503901-151022072024

Catch you later - :v:

That would mean a flop at the next movie as they usually take 7-10 years for a new movie with a new lead Bond to release.
Better be a nice hypothetical beer

I would think that these cars will be in a museum in 10 years. Donā€™t plan on investing in these companies long term.

For those who didnā€™t watch the below video in the short 30min format:

They have access to mercedes ev and hybrid drive trains or am I missing something?
And hybrid drive trains are already being phased out

Iā€™ve actually never even seen an Aston Martin in real life. Thank you for listening to my DD, goodbye.

1 Like

Wow! Really? I find that very hard to believe

Never. Not that I recall anyway.

Well thereā€™s loads down this way even my neighbour has a vantage

Iā€™m old enough to remember that Pierce Brosnan was very comfortable driving BMWā€™s. :smile:
So in theory Aston Martin is replaceble in a franchise, but AM has an added sentimental value.