As of 11.01.2021, no new invite links will be provided (free shares referral)

Hi guys,

I was just made aware of that all new customers to Trading212 do not have the referral link option anymore.

May we ask, if this is a temporary decision or is the referral option for new customers gone for good? It was a great tool to show potentially interested people to join Trading212 and through that to refer more customers.

Just would like to know so I could make people aware when talking about it.

Thanks.
Appreciate it.
Regards,
Patrick

I think it was something like the 11th Jan they stopped. It was added to the help section.

Edit: yep

Thanks, I have seen that and I am aware of it.

My question was rather, if this is temporary or is there another reason they stopped it only for new customers?

I reckon there are quite a few who would like to sign up and refer friends/family too. That’s not possible anymore as of 11th January 2021.

:thinking: I’m assuming its related to hitting 1 million accounts which was around that date.

Needs a staff member like @Tony.V who might know if its a permanent decision moving forward

That might be the case. But 2 Million customers are better than 1 Million, isn’t it? :wink:

1 Like

The referral links are available again now - all newly created accounts will have their link available. Accounts registered from 11.01 till today will also receive the links.

All aforementioned applies to accounts eligible to participate.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to get the link to invite friends to the platform?

Hello @Tony.V

Here

https://www.trading212.com/legal-documentation/invite-a-friend-terms

it says:

The present Campaign shall be active in the following time period: 24/01/2022, 00:00 AM GMT to 28/02/2022, 00:00 PM GMT (‘the Campaign Period’).

Is that still accurate or the page needs to be updated?

If that’s accurate, does the end date (28th Feb 2022) refer to the limit of account registration (via referral link) or does it refer to the last date when free shares will be given away?

I.e. if a user joined T212 on the 26th Feb (and account gets verified on the same day), does he have time until the 5th March (+7 days) to fund the account in order to be eligible for the free share promo?

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to this information.

Hey.

If the account is registered within the campaign period and afterwards all criteria are covered (e.g. 07.03), you’ll both receive a free share.

Feel free to DM me if you have any specific case in mind, and we will discuss it further.

Thank you @Bogi.H !

Any news instead on an extension of the campaign end date?

Any newly launched campaigns will be announced accordingly. Keep an eye out for notifications on the matter.

5 Likes

did anyone knew they were taking this function offline? I’ve only ever had one free share and now a friend wants to open an account, I can’t find referral link anymore…