BGCG trust added I’m happily surprised

This is what I dug from the website last night. Just made a few notes.

For ticker USA

1 Like

Hi - is this available in the ISA? I cant find any baillie gifford or BGCG references within the T212 app

Thanks

Type in Baillie Gifford and they’ll all come up.

2 Likes

Or Edinburgh or pacific if you want the others

You think it’s still a good investment?

I posted a link to a BG podcast above - go have a listen and see what you think.

Hmmm … there’s a significant overlap with SMT and USA with Amazon, Tesla. Thoughts?

SMT invests globally, USA invests solely in the US.

To me AMZN and TSLA are stable stocks that act as an equilibreum for the Trust, making me more comfortable with the volatility of the smaller allocations.

I’m happy that both have these assets to act as a foundation.

3 Likes

I do personally, but I would recommend digesting the information on the website for yourself as I’m pretty new.

I heard that! He seemed to go for all the old classic companies like Mitsubishi, Mitsui, Sumitomo.

I feel the same about their Japan offerings, it’s a shame because I love a lot of Japanese companies and products but the returns just don’t make sense, and haven’t for a long time.

I’m now holding SMT, USA, BCGC and PHI. I’m hoping BG release full holdings information for BCGC soon because from what I can see, PHI and BCGC share a few holdings.

I like the look of the European Growth Trust if only to have some of my portfolio in Europe, but I don’t want to spread my money too thin. I’m not sure whether I have my eggs in too many baskets as it stands.

Being slightly lazy, but with these new investment trusts amongst others - is there any means of running a comparison of the country/industry/sector of a basket of Investment Trusts, and also the adjusted performance record historically?

Just thinking, if a combination of the Investment trusts were put together to build your own custom global fund, what the profile would look like.

We need the BG USA fractional.

Idea: should we open a Baillie Gifford dedicated thread? :thinking:
@Joey_Fantana is a great source of news involving BG.

1 Like

I have the Vanguard S&P 500. Is it worthwhile looking into the BG USA fund? Seems maybe redundant to do so.

It is fractional. Take a look

I’ve restarted the app. Now it is, thanks! :+1:

1 Like

I think @Dougal1984 might eclipse me on that front…

1 Like

I’m not allowed to give advice :wink:

@Dougal1984 Well you said you like the alpha funds so I’ve deposited my life savings into them. Thanks :+1:t3::joy::joy:

Jokes… I have 40% weighted to China, US growth, Edinburgh worldwide and SMT then the rest in individual stocks :nerd_face:

1 Like

3 Likes