Bidstack (LSE:BIDS) - [Discussion Thread]

Stockopedia reports their first half 2020 Sales Growth as 927% (revenue increase from Ā£27k to Ā£274k). Very excited to see the end of year figures.

1 Like

Would you start a position here at 12p? I am very interested, I understand whatā€™s going on, advertising in gaming, and gaming going to be a very profitable business in the coming years with esports and stay at home culture etc, but wondering to wait for next report, see if their end of year was good or not, and if price drops?

Good news! I couldnā€™t find their previous Numbers but I did like their contracts with SEGA for Football Manager and Epic Games (who created FortNite).

Honestly hopes it goes to Ā£1 or more in a few years!!!

1 Like

I still think 12p is an attractive price but looking at the charts it usually hovers between 6 to 9p.

It could go parabolic though so the decision ultimately lies on your tolerance of Risk and where you want it to be to get in at. I got lucky to be honest as it started to rise after I bought 500 shares.

Iā€™ve been doing a lot of research into this, more so than I usually would because this is a bit more risky than I have normally been investing it.
The board seems decent with plenty of experience in the relevant industries, as well as top established companies, but there seems to be a bit of distain for the CEO, after what Bidstack used to be lost shareholders a whole lot of money.
Like @Bidlievers posted above thereā€™s a quote:
** 1. There are shareholders who were burnt from the plummet of Fitbug/Kin who may have an interest in the board of directors being unsuccessful.**

Canā€™t see anyone news on a potential earnings report coming soon, unless Iā€™m not looking in the right places?

2 Likes

@liam.k - the distain for the CEO comes from the 2019 performance where revenues of Ā£5m were forecasted and reinforced in trading updates and interviews throughout the year. However, due to a deal that fell through in Dec 2019, it resulted in poor revenues of only Ā£140k for the FY. The CEO was also criticised for selling 1.5M shares at 20p just 2 months before the share price fell.

The distain from the Fitbug/Kin days is not against the CEO as he had no involvement in the previous company, but itā€™s worth noting that some players in the market were not happy with the reverse takeover that took the cash shell remains to list Bidstack on the AIM, after they had lost significant sums.

2020 saw the company keeping their heads down stating a target to the market of Ā£1.5m. They confirmed via a trading update on the 16th December

ā€œBidstack Group Plc (AIM: BIDS.L), the native in-game advertising platform, is pleased to report that, subject to audit, it is on track to exceed market expectations in respect of revenues for the year ending 31 December 2020.ā€
ā€¦
ā€œThe Company intends to make a further announcement with a more detailed update on the Groupā€™s performance for the year ending 31 December 2020 in early 2021.ā€

bit.ly/bidWiki

2 Likes

With the stuff you highlighted would you say the Company has done away with its mistakes or do you think that the past will catch up to them?

I am personally bullish despite that rise and fall back in 2018 as I believe their Advertising in Gaming could be significant if there is no Competition getting in their way.

The company is still growing up. They have learned the lessons of not showing over excitement to the market. They now appear to be looking to under promise and over deliver. However, the company is young and the risk of mistakes is still there, perhaps just of a different kind.

1 Like

In that forum that Bidlievers posted, it highlights competitors:

AdInMo: An Edinburgh based video game ad platform
Admix: A London based In-Game Advertising platform
Adverty: A Swedish based In-Game Advertising platform
Anzu: Claiming to be the worlds leading company. Originating in Israel, and largely operating from Germany
Gadsme: A French-based In-Game Advertising platform
Frameplay: An In-Game Advertising company, originating in Australia, and now operating from West-Coast USA
HotPlay
RapidFire
Sayollo

Not heard of any of them then again I had never heard of Bidstack.
Time to have a quick look into these. This is all part and parcel of investing!

3 Likes

I started a position of 2000 shares at 12p and will add another 2-3000 if/when the price drops or establishes a new base; whichever comes first.

First thing I noticed about that list of competitors is that none are public, or at least not on 212. So not overly concerned by them until that changes.

2 Likes

Changed the title of this Topic appropriately. Hopefully this can be a knowledge/ideas sharing place as well as an area for discussion on BIDS, similar to the Greatland Gold thread elsewhere in the forum.

4 Likes

I watched this interview with James Draper which is quite insightful. Must admit he doesnā€™t strike me as your typical CEO, but Iā€™m impressed with the board heā€™s put together, plenty of experience in the relevant fields and industries.

Especially at 22:44 when he talks about Andrew House joining, former CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. Credited for the success of the Sony Playstation
And Draper goes on to say House has a lot to lose reputation wise by joining Bidstack, a micro cap company. Why would House take that risk if Bidstack arenā€™t going to go anywhere.

Worth a watch

3 Likes

If you intended to link a video in this post, I just wanted to let you know that you forgot to put the link :slight_smile:.

1 Like

If youā€™re interested in seeing examples of competitor tech vs Bidstack then following https://twitter.com/DIGA_CHAN is useful

2 Likes

Youā€™re goddamn right :smile:

Edited

2 Likes

That was a good watch. He comes across confident for the future of the company. Lets hope so!

Hmm this thread seems to have died down, however this is a rather interesting stock.

Having actual ā€˜in gameā€™ live up to date advertising is an additional layer to add a level of realism to a game, although I think I would be rather pissed forking out Ā£40-50 a game, and then getting hounded by adverts.

As long as theyā€™re subtle enough, then itā€™s a really good idea and could go far.

Iā€™m currently trying to decide if the current levels is a good entry point or not.

2 Likes

Have a look here for examples of the in-game ads: Bidstack (LSE:BIDS) - [Discussion Thread] - #20 by Bidlievers

And when you email Tom Slater with this suggestion for SMT, tell him Iā€™m looking for a job. :wink:

Possibly waiting for the 2020 Annual Report to hit first. I have a decent position in it and looking to increase on good news.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Tom takes advice from me :rofl:

Its one on my short list to look at holding next, as the potential is huge, and would rather get in before any hypeā€¦ Iā€™m tempted to trim my positions in Ceres Power and Pinterest, but still see growth in both, but then the market is showing signs that more traditional/defensive stocks are at bargain basement levels due to being out of favour.

Almost 100% up on it since I bought 500 shares at 6.75p.

Andrew House and Mike Hayes seals the deal for me.

1 Like