BYD: The King Of Electric Vehicles (OTCMKTS:BYDDF) | Seeking Alpha

BYD is the largest EV manfacturer in China.

In China no doubtā€¦ theres a whole world out there

Anyone who doesnā€™t see upside in the main High Street banks today has lost the plot, negative interest rates will not affect the banks at all, we are not talking -10% here and they are already planning to charge for current/savings account to counter it if and its a big if negative interest rates are brought in.
As I previously said negative interest rates would be mainly unavailable to most and as the banks charge additional interest based on the type/level of borrowing they are undertaking I donā€™t see how a small further cut to interest rates even a small negative rate would make the slightest bit of difference considering the past cuts have made little to no difference except maybe increasing the values of everything and thus increasing the amount of money needed to be lent.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see what happens from this point, the three Iā€™ve kept an eye on are all indicating over brought and way above the 50 day.

They all also show a negative cross over on the MACD 4 hour.

Due to the oversell in feb and March I canā€™t see how it would manage to make accurate assumptions to provide useful indicators. If the oversell hadnā€™t occurred I would be listening and most likely selling but seen as it was excessively oversold back then I still see more rapid growth ahead. I donā€™t expect a solid upward curve it will be volatile while investors come to terms with the return to ā€œnormalā€ levels.
If you look around a bit there are more arguments favouring buying high street banks at the moment than against and in fact I havenā€™t found one giving sell advice yet.

Have you got a link to these articles at all? Iā€™d be interested to see as when I was googling prior to selling I saw conflicting views.

Itā€™ll be intriguing to see how if/when it reacts to the 50 day

My bloody reply button seems to be playing up :man_facepalming:

I canā€™t find any articles with a ā€œcurrentā€ sell advice, there are plenty dating back a few months but then that was hardly surprising.
Lloyds, berclays and natwest have all exceeded estimated q3 profits.
With the decent dividend offered I donā€™t see why I would sell? The debt has already been forecast in to the price, the worst of covid should be behind us and the pound has been devalued due to printing so the share price can only really go up and thereā€™s a dividend to boot

I mean articles about the high street banks going to boom?

Itā€™s up to you if you sell or not obviously, this was just my view. And as I say itā€™ll be interesting too see how the graph reacts.

The pounds is also on a bit of a resurgence, particularly against the dollar.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/capital.com/amp/lloyds-share-price-forecast-2021-and-beyond

The only bank Iā€™ve been willing to entrust my money with so far is Lloydā€™s bank I have a few good reasons outside of investments why I wouldnā€™t give a penny to barclays or natwest but this has no relevance here.
I have now found some conflicting information but the average rating across the sites still say its a buy. The average target price is 50% up also

I am 100% expecting some volatility and I may end up selling mid way up and buying back in but still the progress made by Lloydā€™s pre covid indicates it can come out of this on top.

Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LON:LLOY) shares have the best potential for re-rating if a coronavirus vaccine makes it to market in coming months, Credit Suisse suggests.

Even after Mondayā€™s strong market rally, European bank shares are trading at just under eight times average two-year forward earnings forecasts, still a 20% discount to the five-year average of 9.2x and an average since 2006 of 8.6x.

1 Like

I think youā€™re right in the sense that theyā€™ll be another entry point into the banks, at that point it may be worth looking at again.

Thereā€™s so many factors, plus Brexit etc to consider as well.

As I said, long term youā€™ll be a winner, short term itā€™ll be topsy turby. Iā€™ll be keeping an eye anyways.

I still have hold of Legal and General, although not a bank but still financials.

Iā€™m happy with my current 20%> gains at the moment, Iā€™m not looking for 100% gains unless they happen ofcourse.
I agree theres probably easier investments out there but for diversity atleast I think Lloydā€™s is a fairly good one, barclays and natwest also look undervalued today.
But then I also like BP and a lot of others wouldnā€™t touch it with a barge pole so maybe Iā€™m just viewing things differently? I have a good friend thats a long time day trader and we donā€™t agree on much when it comes to stocks.
I view stocks at the moment without the technical graph reading as I donā€™t find its been accurate in this extreme situation we are in, its constantly missing big gains so Iā€™m resorting to old fashion measures

I started off without the graphs and kept messing up entry points. There is the notion that this doesnā€™t matter long term anyway but I figure why not get the best value for my money.

I like to use them as a bit of a guide but never solely make a decision from them of course.

I donā€™t really know a lot about BP other than itā€™s a very nice dividend.

BAE is the one Iā€™m looking at right given that our military budget is increasing, nice dividend also. Looks good value on all the ratios too.

Bloody reply button ā€¦

Good thinking on BAE I absorbed the news and ignored the facts :sleeping:
All this hydrogen fuel cell noise is interesting also im wondering whether Toyota might now be a good long termer

Have we just agreed on something? :wink:

There sounds like there is some legs in hydrogen for sure.

I think we agree on a lot tbh just in different ways

Iā€™ve always considered hydrogen to be the future until now not the present, Iā€™m going to research the different companies this week and see which ones might be best. Toyota would be the safest but due to its current size may not have the most growth potential, I have just read that Toyota believes the truck/lorry market will be the best route for now and seeing that Musk has done the same maybe theyā€™re on to something? Its easier to produce for hgv as weight isnā€™t really an issue