CFD Traders, please assist to compile a list of 0 quantity and Leverage updates

Hi CFD Traders

When trying to Purchase Stocks for Long/Short positions via CFD, it states “0 Quantity”. I’ve also noticed the reduced Leverage/Margin list of 75 stocks has now grown in number.

As I haven’t received an email or push notification that the CFD platform is preventing trading of All/Particular instruments and have added more to their reduced Leverage list, I hoped CFD users would provide the Stocks name/tickers which they have NOT been able to trade/Leverage reduced.

Thank you in advance to anyone who contributes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

CFD STOCKS UNABLE TO TRADE

• LONG:

SPLK
SNOW
TESLA
NIO

• SHORT

• 2:1 LEVERAGE CHANGE NOT INCLUDED ON WEBSITE LIST OF 75 STOCKS

SPLK
INAQ

Would it not be easier to put the ones that do allow trading??

hi @Cashurkash

David replied on another thread regarding CFD

List of CFD Stocks that can't be Traded and Leverage update needed

1 Like

I gave up on CFD trading. Not worth it anymore.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m done with it myself mate. Still awaiting compensation for the mayhem last month but have write it off

2 Likes

Just to reignite this post, it’s still grim out there in the CFD world for stocks that seem to be going a certain direction (up). We are only getting the option to short them

1 Like

T212 are not trying to maintain CFD customers/good service, and are not fit for purpose in my opinion.

Staff ignored the post requesting customers being updated when stocks had been included into the reduced leverage/margin list, “0” quantity list, and notification in advance of leverage/margin changes, meanwhile the spreads remain horrific.

T212 need to address the CFD area on their website as it still states “trade stocks like Lloyds, Apple, and Tesla Motors”, along with “zero commissions, tight spreads” :scream: :confounded: :-1:t4: :woman_facepalming:t4:

Meanwhile T212 intelligent IT software have placed me on a final warning to be removed from the forum due to 4 post (x1 T212 staff being embarrassed to work for T212 due to lack of customer service/mental health sick leave, x2 “bump 20 characters”, x1 “you can’t reason with stupid, T212 CFD platform isn’t fit for purpose”… And staff backed up the intelligent IT decision, and still waiting for @Tony.V to reply why the final warning occurred from the 4 post to begin with!

1 Like

I would not call it ignored. There is bunch of topics unaddressed, I don’t see such noise around it.

People wait patiently for stocks to get added, for fractional shares, for X feature, for answers to their queries… etc…

I get that there were unfortunate events that caused CFD crew uprising. But you really don’t need to take it personally…

It is a big world, not everything is about right now and urgent etc.

Happy 2021. :santa:

I dipped my toe back in with stacking some CFDs in Cloudflare but it turned out they’re limited to 50. Still holding out for the CFDs to become somewhat normal again.

1 Like

Thank you for replying @vedran and happy new year to you too :fireworks:

T212 CFD management i don’t take personally as it has happened to ALL CFD customers. Ignoring Customers communication request regarding margin/leverage isn’t acceptable as its their mixed communication/guidance which is why people have been asking (stocks have changed drastically now 1:2 upto 1:20), imagine being in a trading position then margin/leverage changes without notice.

What i do take personally is being told by @Tony.V i have reached a final warning due to 4 post in the forum, when he is FULLY aware of all 4 post not warranting that action (however cherry picked to reach that conclusion). Original post in November “rephrased” by Tony i still don’t have access to the content, the remaining 3 are as stated… the pending reply is weeks old.

Post 4, 5 Days ago: “the maximum remaining quantity for long positions with this instrument is 0” - #63 by Hectares [quote=“Hectares, post:63, topic:11702, full:true”]
@bizie and @obrienciaran you can’t reason with stupid, T212 CFD is not fit for purpose.
[/quote]

Post 2 and 3, 22 days olds: List of CFD Stocks that can't be Traded and Leverage update needed - #4 by Hectares

post 1, Nov 20: [CFD] Upcoming Increase in Margin Requirements - postponed for 01.12.2020 - #685 by Hectares

1 Like

I had put money into my CFD account thinking I could at least trade but I only had a 0 buy option but could happily short a few 100. Transferred back into ingest account and loaded up on the shares without the leverage

I understand you here and others would agree too.

The issue is, these features and additions weren’t there previously. So waiting isn’t a issue I guess.

I guess also, those of us who had joined trading212 to trade CFD, and know how good it was prior to the changes, only want it to get back to this level. So we can feel all nice and warm inside, knowing we helped them (and of course make some money).

If the team tomorrow started taking away fractional shares, for what ever reason. I’m sure users would probably 1) want them back and 2) if they weren’t given back, we would request a list of the ones that are being removed.

Although the list of stocks with reduced limits would be like a new request feature, it’s off the back of something they removed/change without notice.

To me it feels like the root problem has been ignored (some will say it hasn’t been addressed yet) and as result we have asked for at least a compromise requesting a list.

I don’t believe users are taking it personally, but are just expressing their frustration, and from what I can see, within the rules too.

trading212 on the whole is a good app/product and the community is a good bunch of people, and we are just highlighting issues to help them better their product and services.

3 Likes

@Hectares It’s simple: a community member flagged your post. We too found your comment as inappropriate, which is why why it was removed. Hence, the final warning. Those are the guidelines of our community, and we all should work on maintaining the vibe. To be clear: offensive language towards other community users will not be tolerated, whether they are Trading 212 staff or other members.

While you are free to offer constructive feedback about the service and to share ideas, you clearly have an axe to grind and are repeating the same allegations consistently. This does not mean they are true, but we are not going to refute them constantly. This runs counter to the idea of the community. I think you have made your feelings clear, but banging the same beat on the same drum is not what the community is designed to support.

Can the community get some clarity from T212 as to what the situation is with CFD instruments and when we can actually trade stocks wether it’s x2 or x5 we just can’t buy any but are more than welcomed by the company to short them

2 Likes

@Cashurkash There’s no timeline as to when things will get back to normal for those specific CFDs. We will let everyone know once the ETA’s a bit more clear.

1 Like

Thanks David for the reply. It seems this end that certain stocks have a great chance of price appreciation we cannot buy but we can sell them. What’s the reason for allowing one direction and not the other?

2 Likes

To conclude to a final warning there were PRIOR warnings, and those warnings staff have fabricated to be offensive!

This is ridiculous, again you’ve brushed over the issue and CREATED comment(s) that didn’t exist @Tony.V , pathetic, why cherry pick what you reply to, AGAIN!

Axe to grind! you haven’t just ignored me, loads have been ignored, so again this is why i state it is PERSONAL. T212 website and staff state INACCURATE information, FACTS, not fiction, fix it and there won’t be the same issues consistently.

WHERE IS THE OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE TOWARDS COMMUNITY MEMBERS?
WHY HAVE MY 4 POST REACHED A FINAL WARNING STAGE?

I would have sent an email but as you have ERASED my post @Tony.V it is not possible to include it in a complaint, is it, convenient!

2 Likes

I guess being jolly and forgiving was not on your “2021 to do” list. :santa:

I took liberty to search your post history. For each positive and warm giving post, you have about 10+ of complaining and negative.

Heck I thought I was overly negative on many topics, but you beat me hands down. :bowing_man:

Why not start new page in 2021.? Loving & forgiving? Happy & joyful? :santa:

1 Like

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out… Count to 10… Relaxxxxxxx! You sound kind of angry. Never respond when angry. Take a moment of zen. Turn off that caps lock and get your self a cup of tea…

1 Like

Agree i am angry as staff lying, cherry picking parts of comments to reply to, and fabricating warnings i don’t appreciate @chantal

@Vedran you clearly didn’t spend enough time reading your own positive/negative comments (unable to complete in such a short period of time). i’ve helped users on T212 (mainly via private message), however having a CFD account with T212 there is plenty to complain about… type in CFD rather than following behind my comments :wink:

1 Like