Citadel $ Robinhood - XXX $ T212

Greetings investors!

Could someone clarify if T212 works the same as Robinhood?
By selling our orders to hedge funds and financial institutions?

As we are aware, there will be a hearing in America about Robinhood forbidding users to buy specific stonks. Is the same happening in the UK with T212 as well?

Cheers!
Buy AMC :rocket:

No. that is illegal.

As wrong as it seems, this would be upto the ppl in the Gov to decide i guess. I hope they follow in the footsteps of the Americans and do sth about this.

Being ilegal does not mean it can’t be done. Can you tell me why T212 suspended trading on the same stonks RH did?

1 Like

Seems getting adequate responses from the t212 team has been super shorted too. Or is it long or both.
Says a lot about what must be going on under ze table.

Quite simple. T212 route orders via IB. The whole financial system was under immense strain which crippled lots of brokers including biggies like Vanguard . Nothing sinister by T212.

4 Likes

T212 do not sell order flow. This isn’t common practice here. It’s been answered countless times before and by staff, use the search function next time.

Also, of course we can wait and see for any result of any investigation into Robinhoods decision, but I’d be fairly confident that it was an issue with having the capital to fund the massively high volume of trades until they settle - highly doubt it would be in Citadel’s best interest to ask Robinhood to ruin their image and lose their customers trust, given the millions (if not more) Citadel make a year filling Robinhood orders.

Edit: see robinhoods more “technical” explainer here What happened this week — Under the Hood

There’s a lot of misinformation circulating in social media. Unfortunately, very few people care about doing basic research to find the facts.

From FT:

The big brokers who do their own clearing (members of the DTCC clearinghouse) had to immediately deposit additional collateral because of the increased volatility of GameStop and AMC.

Many of them, including our execution intermediary, which is one of the biggest brokers in the world, had to stop accepting BUY orders for these stocks for 1 day because it takes a little time to transfer billions of USD.

As soon as the additional collateral was deposited, trading was restored and on Friday our clients were able to trade GME and AMC without limits.

17 Likes

This is good to know. Thanks for sharing @AlexK

Could this kind of explanation not be posted as like a blog post or something? Or at least it’s own thread pinned to the forum. Unlikely most of the people who were upset last week will see your explainer and as you said would never do their own research.

6 Likes

Completely agree with this statement. T212 did nothing wrong. IB however should be investigated along with Citadel in the US.

If they blocked trade due to liquidity flow then Acceptable.
If however it is found to be protectionism for hedge funds then there needs to be very large consequences.

Just because the hedge funds lose money does not give them entitlement to protectionism from said losses.

3 Likes