Coinbase direct listing set for April 14 after SEC approval

Coinbase direct listing set for April 14 after SEC approval

https://www.cnbc.com/id/106861641?view=story?__source=androidappshare

Will we have in time access on trading212? Anyone know???

Edit: @Team212 @David

3 Likes

ah cool. was wondering why my btc was pumping today.

@Joey_Fantana could have this on this IPO list for some time, anxious waiting for it. :wink:

It could be one of the IPO most wanted, together with Robinhood IPO.

1 Like

@JustLookingThx @RLX We’ll have it tomorrow both as EQ and CFD. You’ll be able to find them in the app in 15-30 minutes.

5 Likes

Full and Fractional Stock?

1 Like

Can’t wait for this one!

1 Like

Still can’t find it in the app.

2 Likes

@David on CFD too please

@Snake It’s already added. :white_check_mark:

1 Like

@David , also fractional please.

The real question is will we be able to buy in early on CFDs like other direct listings!

@obrienciaran Yes, immediately. :slight_smile:

@David That is great news, thank you!

How long until it is moved to sell only (not a dig at 212)? :joy::joy:

Coinbase’s IPO — a direct listing Today

The IPO will be a direct listing (Wednesday April 14th 2021), meaning there are no underwriters setting a target price or book building process which values the stock at a certain price.
The company will simply list its share on the stock exchange. Because there are no underwriters, meaning no one is assuming the risk in connection to reselling the stock shares or performing stabilising transactions, there is the potential for high volatility of the stock price immediately after its listing. [$COIN (Coinbase Global Inc)](file:///markets/coin) will be selling 114 million shares directly to the public according to its SEC filing.
Aside from that, there is no fixed or determined amount of shares that will be for sale as other shareholders may or may not sell their shares.

The company will not be paying dividends on its stock, nor does it plan to pay dividends to shareholders in the future. Coinbase writes that it intends “to retain all available funds and any future earnings for use in the operation of our business and do not anticipate paying any dividends on our capital stock in the foreseeable future.”

Enjoy And trade carefully

Insert your preferred limit and Stop Loss and Take Profit points.

Food for thought;

Of note;

“Ahead of the listing, Coinbase awarded 100 shares to each of its 1,700 employees as a way of expressing its gratitude, Coindesk reported.”

What would you do if you had 100 shares and they were suddenly worth $250 a piece?

Not buying personally but I’d be watching and waiting for a while.

1 Like

$440!..

I would sell and the put 80%+ into buying more of the stocks I currently own, top picks might be:

Chunk in boring ETFs then some tasty individual stocks like:
$BABA
$SBUX
$MSFT
$JPM