Delays of execution in LSE AIM

Each time I buy or sell any stock from LSE AIM, it shows as pending order and does not execute for long time. As a result I loose my original rate. Why is this? Anything I buy from LSE, it executes immediately. I use the same procedure. Can someone clarify and if there is any solution?

1 Like

It wonā€™t necessarily be all AIM stocksā€¦ it will be those that trade via Intraday auctionsā€¦ those on the SETSqx segement (which is a lot of AIM, but not all)

Intraday auction is a mechanism to match buyers and sellers on the order book at that timeā€¦ rather than have a market maker making a live 2 way price ā€¦ lots of talk of it on this forum if curious

Thanks.
I donā€™t mind whatever mechanism is adopted to execute the order as long as they honour my price.

If you specify a price via a limit your order is entered onto the order book for the next ā€œuncrossingā€. If the book uncrosses within the price you specify you get that price. If not your order doesnā€™t execute. If you do not specify a price youā€™ll get the uncrossing price on the basis there is sufficient liquidity on the other side that your order can be executed.

In short - you get your priceā€¦ it is illegal for T212 to do anything elseā€¦ they would not, they should not, they will not.

You are however at risk of the order not executing. Either through no volume or your limit price not being met. Be aware of this when executing SETSqx trades. You have no visibility unless you have lots of level 2 market data and can watch the action. If not you just have to wait until T212 update your accountā€¦ or not.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions. I did that but unfortunately it did not execute and it automaticaly removed from pending. I set ā€˜end of dayā€™. I have requested again with ā€˜gtcā€™.

There is no guarantee of execution with T212 using the intraday auction for SETSqx stocksā€¦ thereā€™s almost nothing you can do to make it happenā€¦it either does or it doesn;tā€¦ you canā€™t control it.

I did not ā€œsuggestā€ anything.

Merely providing info to explain why your trade is not executing.

1 Like

I have also found major delays with small company stocks on AIM with Trading212 (specifically Eve Sleep, and Remote Monitored Systems). I had read on here that it was to do with the intraday auction and low volume etc but when I used Hargreaves Lansdown there were no delays.

A friend of mine also uses Hargreaves Lansdown and had no idea what i was talking about when i mentioned delays for these stocks as heā€™d had no problem - so in the end I decided to make the same AIM trades on 212 and Hargreaves Lansdown and both times the trades on HL went through almost immediately, whilst 212 didnā€™t go through for hours.

Iā€™m not promoting HL - 212 is my main platform, really like it, and appreciate the free trades - but it does suggest that maybe this comes at the expense of swift trading in some situations (maybe small companies on AIM as i have no problem buying BooHoo with 212 and thatā€™s on AIM).

Would love to know if anyone else has had this issue, or better still can tell me Iā€™m wrong / offer a solution! :slight_smile: so i can make all trades within 212.

1 Like

I have also had this problem with a few AIM stocks recently. 24Hrs and still waiting. The warning says low liquidity could cause delays. But I have other AIM stocks and it was never a problem.

Have you had any updates or found more information regarding this?

bump to this thread

Is anyone at Trading 212 able to comment?

Like @Ferris21, I also performed a comparison between T212 and an alternative provider and while there was a delay with T212, there was no such delay with the alternate provider. Some information here would be useful in order to understand what the issue may be.

Thanks

@L.D are you able to comment?

See here

1 Like

Thatā€™s great - thank you for the link!

1 Like