Demergers - GSK

Hello. Apologies if this has been covered recently but I couldn’t find it on the forum.

With the GSK demerger on the horizon there will be a lot of people wondering what is going to happen to their stock. I found an old thread from October 2020 that stated in the event of a demerger, Trading212 would automatically sell the shares of the new company and credit them to our account. The explanation then went on to say that there would be a “total overhaul of the existing process in the following months”

Does anyone know if T212 have changed this process yet? If not could someone from T212 clarify when these changes are going to be made and what they will be?

6 Likes

I’d like to know about this as well!

In the same thread @Tommo mentioned, trading212 also said…

So hope they will be ready by the time of GSK demerger.

Has anyone seen any mention of the progress made on this feature? Also hold GSK and hope it will be in place by the time they split.

3 Likes

Hi all,
I would also really appreciate an update from T212. From what I read now GSK is looking at Q2 2022 for demerger?

1 Like

Here’s the latest.

It’s the same for absolutely every ticker you can think of until they change this page

1 Like

God I hope they are working on this. I hold GSK and Discovery, and am praying that this functionality is ready in time! Please 212!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the link :slight_smile: hopefully will be in time if not I just hope the share sale cash is added to accounts quickly enough for people not to miss out on a big price swing for the new ticker if they want to buy after the split.

They did it! Great job Trading212!

Any GSK investor on here what’s your strategy to this spin off taking place this month.

Going by experience with pennon , am not sure weather to sell GSK now and buy back when all this over?

All thoughts and opinion are highly welcomed :+1: :smile:

There is a thread on here about spin offs generally out performing in the long term, but not always a given :upside_down_face:

I am ~25% up currently on my GSK and VERY tempted to get rid of some so any funny business doesn’t have as much of an impact. Haleon will be given a huge amount of debt so not sure how it will go really.

Would probably stick the proceeds into something like BBOX or more likely LGEN who have just posted a very promising update.

An interesting read… Haleon (HLN LN) – A Haleon Cure | Theodosian Capital

2 Likes

Come on T212 :thinking:

1 Like