Desktop App Beta is removing features?

The Trading 212 team have already told us that an “advanced” version of the desktop app will be released soon.

There is always a tussle between those who want more and more information and options, and those beginners who will be confused by too much of that. The idea of having two versions of the desktop seems like a good one.

My first impression, like you, was that the new desktop app was reducing the amount of information I could see. However, I have stuck with it in order to give it a chance and see if I would get used to it. By in large I have got used to it. However, I do look forward to the “advanced mode”.

No platform is ever going to have all the bells and whistles that a user base of 100,000s clients can imagine and dream up. I do a lot of my record keeping and analysis with Google sheets. That is a necessity for anyone who has share holdings with several different brokers and wants to know the current capital gains tax that will be payable when selling some shares in a AAPL, for instance.

2 Likes