Do you keep your investment choices secret?

Ha ha I think youā€™re right. A new section for talking rubbish required.

Sorry to hear that about your eye, nothing worse than having to give up something you love.

I share everything publicly and with family and friends too. I document it all on YouTube. There is some people I donā€™t tell close to me just because itā€™s a waste of time. Thatā€™s personal to you of course, ideally you want your circle around you to be pushing you forward not pulling you back.

Replying to my own post, because a few people messaged me about options.

Before writing anything else, Iā€™d like to say: be very careful and educate yourself before doing anything with options. If you find a retailer that offers trading with practise money use that.

Second, I cannot stress enough how easily you can loose money with options, a 2% change in the stock price can cost you 90% of your investment.

I will answer to some basic questions but some of these are too big to cover in a single message or a thread.

• An option is like an insurance contract, there are two types of options CALL (gives you the right to buy at a certain price), PUT (gives you the right to sell at a certain price), furthermore you can buy/sell either of these options. And you can combine a few different buy/sell call/put combinations to create those patterns (iron condor, butterfly etc)

• A single option contract always represents 100 shares, but that does not mean you need 100x share price. When you buy insurance for your 500K house you pay something like Ā£200 (may be some houses are riskier despite costing same and you pay Ā£300)

• On the screenshot Iā€™ve posted 145 Call (the left side) buy (the green one) option is 3 and you will have to pay 300$. Ignoring other bids on that screen, buying that option gives you the right to buy 100PG shares at a price of 145$ until December 15. Notice the current PG price is $137

• If you are buying a call/put you can only loose as much as you paid for that option. If you are selling a call/put you can loose unlimited amount of money. Most brokers wonā€™t let you sell uncovered options anyway. (and thats a good thing!)

Again I recommend reading/watching/educating yourself before actually trading in options.

Some resources:
beginner:

slightly advanced:

Take a look at Sasha Evdakovā€™s youtube channel he has a lot of videos about options:

2 Likes

I dont mind sharing my holdings and allocation, but definitely not the actual value. Individuals donā€™t move the market so I see no harm or benefit of sharing

1 Like

Tobacco industry is reducing 1% a year globally- that comes from a major player in the manufacturing processā€¦

Agree with thisā€¦Ensuring equal pay for the same job isnā€™t about guaranteeing identical wages across all professions. Itā€™s about fairness within roles. The focus isnā€™t on equalizing outcomes but on addressing disparities in compensation for identical contributions. Gender isnā€™t the issue; itā€™s about upholding fairness and transparency in wage discussions for all employees.