Emma integration

Does T212 have any plans to integrate with Emma at some point?

1 Like

A curious fellow user here… What is Emma? :smiley:

Money manager and budget planner you can link your bank account and broker in there

With which brokers does Emma link already?

Whenever people ask for a feature, I think it would be interesting to know which of the competing brokers already offer that feature (be it Emma, options, annual tax reports, pies, commission free fx, detailed ETF information, etc). So would T212 be playing catchup or be one of the first with that feature?

It sounds quite interesting, however I think that T212s plan is to develop their app without linking to others. Someone asked about another platform that could be linked for detailed stock analysis and I think that was the answer.

Lets see what the team reply :smiley:.

@Team212 can we hear your point of view in the topic? Yes/No/Maybe at some point?

Worth noting that they don’t actually integrate with many of those companies. If you click on them it says about tweeting them.

That’s true becouse of lack of API I use it only for syncing my bank accounts neither T212, Freetrade nor DeGiro are unavailable there

+1 for potential Emma Integration via API

So Emma is similar to the American “Mint” app? Or am I not understanding correctly what it is/is for?

Just found this thread on a Google search, created a forum account to ask for the same thing!

@Matt_C yes it’s very similar, Mint, YNAB etc British Alternative. Links with most of most main bank /saving accounts. Fantastic budgeting app. Would link a referral code but don’t want to get banned on my first post…

I still have the old version of ynab before they went web based. Great program.

1 Like

Now that a debit card is launching, will Trading212 consider an API for Emma to integrate with to help users manage spending?

IMG_6215

What can T212 gain with an Emma integration?

As creating an API will certainly have costs, financial costs and opportunity costs, that can be allocated to other features more desirable to all customers, specially as this integration is only for UK customers (such as SIPP, LISA, JISA).

Even for UK customers, does Emma have so much clients in UK, and what they would bring for T212? As to integrate T212 in Emma, someone must be already a T212 client.

1 Like

Why does any financial institution integrate with open banking? To help their customers.

If Trading212 want to be seen as a bank i.e. where users save their spare cash and earn interest and spend using their debit card for everyday spending then they should open up their API like nearly every other bank. And with that API it can be integrated into other platforms, not just Emma

Some banks were legally obliged (major incumbents) (e.g. PSD2). But not every financial institution is obliged to do so.

Such as?

Btw, T212 is a broker with an EMI partner (Paynetics UK). None can’t be considered as a Bank, as none have banking licenses.

Although there are several supported banks (mostly UK-only customers, exception are multinational EMIs: Revolut [Note 1], Wise, Paypal), other types of regulated financial institutions are very limited. All the supported brokers in Emma (except multinational crypto exchanges) are the following ones (that tells a lot about investment platforms integration with Emma):

Investment Platforms

Nutmeg

Pensions

PensionBee

[Note 1] Revolut is an EMI in UK and a bank in Lithuania.

There are some limitations to Open Banking APIs:

In the UK, some banks don’t allow you to add your savings account in Emma via their Open Banking API. This API is the system we use to connect to all banks in the UK.

Below are a list of UK banks that don’t support any savings accounts in their Open Banking API

• Nationwide
  • NatWest
  • RBS
  • Revolut

Below is a list of the type of savings accounts your bank won’t support through Open Banking

• ISA’s
  • Regular Saver accounts
  • Monthly Saver accounts
  • Virgin Money Double-Take accounts

Waiting for a T212 response I think an open banking connection Would be amazing. I just want to manage all my balances in one place using EMMA as a service